Default Outcasts of Jupiter

Here is a mini sculpt of a character I'm working on for my comic, Outcasts of Jupiter. My brother, Shobo is writing the story and I'm illustrating. Because I also love sculpting I've created a mini of one of the main characters. I've also been working on a full figure sculpt that I'll post shortly.

Here are some explorations for poses. Denarii is tough and terse and I wanted an appropriate stance that reflected his persona.

Some clay renders

And finally, a 3d print I created using Sculpteo's printing service. Better results than I expected at 2.5 inches tall. Actually printing him out at this stage helped inform the final look of the sculpt. It's a practice I intend to use from now on. Seeing models in the round, in reality is invaluable.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I love it dude!

Default The cover

Thanks McAllem! Here's the cover for the book. We're launching a Kickstarter within the week and I'll be posting the main sculpt of the Denarii character and the WIP images shortly.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outcasts_Of_Jupiter_Cover_Coker.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	423.3 KB 
ID:	403092  

Default Denarii (7 inch sculpt)

I posted the mini earlier and now here is the main sculpt. Denarii is one of the main characters from my upcoming science fiction comic project called Outcasts of Jupiter. We are running a Kickstarter and this sculpt is intended to be a reward for backers. As soon as I can, I'll post some WIP images and some images of the printed prototype. If you'd like to read more about the project you can visit us here.

I had fun with this sculpt folks, the impression of energy and dynamism was paramount in the character's portrayal. Enjoy

Default WIP Denarii

Here are some clay renders and turntables of the Denarii sculpt I posted earlier. The character was made completely in zbrush from start to finish. Dynamesh primitives, the clip brush, and clay tubes were my good friends for this. I look to sculptors like Kent Melton, Michael Defeo and Raffaello Vecchione for their philosophy and problem solving techniques when sculpting highly stylized figures like this. I'll be posting the 3d printed prototype shortly. Cheers!

fantastic pose man.really like his style.looking forward for the finished one.

Great ones, especially the one with big head.

Here is the first prototype of the 7 inch sculpt, I'm developing for my Outcasts of Jupiter Kickstarter. I got this made using Sculpteo. At this size (5.5 inches and material, the detail isn't where I'd like it, but the print along with the wooden pedestal turned out quite nice.

I also received a print of the little guy last week from Shapeways. At 2.5 inches, ultra detail resin is probably the best I will get from a commercial 3d printing service. It's a nice finish and will be easy to paint on. I will be using this material for the final 7 inch print. The intention is to split him in two halves and create a mold from those two pieces. I will then derive some more resin pulls from the molds. More updates and pictures of the process to follow. Thanks for the kind comments!

My project, Outcasts of Jupiter is almost fully funded on Kickstarter and here is the latest update for one of the rewards you can get. This figure was hand painted by the lovely Alla Bartoshchuk. Let me know what you all think.

So a few things today. The Outcasts of Jupiter Kickstarter is almost fully funded and so we thought it was time to reveal an interesting stretch goal. We've decided to produce antique coins that feature in a panel in the comic you can see below. The coins are available for backers at a $15 tier level. This 1 Sestertius coin used in the City of Seven Faces bears the seal of Kebbah on its tail side and the Seventh Alcazar on it's head. I had quite a lot of fun researching antique Moroccan, Egyptian and Arabic coins. I think it sparked a little numismatist in me.

Some reference that guided my decision making

Member Follow User Gallery

Really love the kickstarter sculpts and the coins. Really nice work!

Member Follow User Gallery

Hey thanks, PArata!

Default Love it.

Somehow I missed this post but I think its incredible. Love it.