ZBrushCentral

Qoyun's Sketchbook

I decided to start a sketchbook since i will wrap up some of my projects in a while. Crits are always welcome. I hope you guys enjoy it!

So I started working on this first model for a blend shape project then I realized that I liked the character and wanted to go into more detail by turning it into a 3D illustration as well. This "Indian Mechanic" is based on a concept Onur Cayli created. I have created the basemeshes with proper topology in Maya and sculpted the rest in Zbrush. Then I exported the mesh and DOF from ZBrush, comped all in Photoshop and added a background texture, blended with smoke, glow and such effects. I hope you guys like it! [indianMech.jpg[/ATT]%3C/font%3E"]![indianMech.jpg|802x1038](upload://3HGasDXWxYGCtSrdvvYZfVePlrY.jpeg)](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=233820)

Attachments

imTurnaround.jpg

indian2.jpg

the concept of this mechanical indian is brilliant! and the execution of the sculpt is great overall! i really like it!, looking forward for more!:+1:

Really strong character. The details on the face are great. The concept is very unique also. Seems like you did a great job putting it all together! 5 stars!

@manzarek
Thanks a lot manzarek, i will post new stuff soon
@killfrog58
Thanks man

Here’s a speed sculpting piece i did earlier.

This model is based on the mythical creature Cthulhu. It is a hybrid of an elephant that i sculpted in Zbrush and painted in Zbrush and Modo in two days. [calephUpd.jpg[/ATT]%3C/font%3E"]![calephUpd.jpg|1043x969](upload://5T2urqWs1UXvxrT9rM1JJ9LhLUF.jpeg)](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=233568)

yeah, the fortune telling device is awesome, its a shame its not seen that much in the finished comp. i mean, it must have taken a while to model it. nice job.

@mjolnir
Thanks a lot mjolnir. I know what you mean, but i liked the mood in the finished comp, so i left it that way instead :slight_smile:

Excellent stuff, hybrid elephant looks great. :+1:

The Indian Mechanic is fantastic!!

:+1:

Amazing work, I look forward to seeing more from you.

I would have to say that the skin texture on the Elephant is scaled too large and blobby. Some actual elephant skin alphas are available.

@ericshawn : Thanks a lot eric!
@michalis: Thank you michalis!
@jeris82: Thank you jeris82, i will post more soon
@savagebliss: Thanks for pointing out savagebliss, i used those actual elephant skins, and i know this is not a perfect piece, it can not be, it is a speedsculpting piece;)

I have been designing a twisted version of the fairy tale “Little Red Riding Hood” for a while, this is the first character from the tale. The Hunter

I hope you have fun viewing!

[hBig.jpg[/ATT]%3C/font%3E"]![hBig.jpg|1000x1605](upload://oUQamLOxLLVbb6e6hfmMlo8tDfD.jpeg)
       ](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=233804)

Attachments

ZBCThumb1.jpg

Give some ****, take some ****. Constructively, I would not talk about myself in the 3rd person on my resume. Giving you the Star, especially if you can show some pre-Z concept sketches, figure studies, We all get the cramps friend, I just try not to share mine unless there really bad.

Very nice. Like the steam punk hand:+1:

the anatomy looks really good! the steampunk look is fitting the character very nicely! this should be in top row!

I realy like the fat guy, expecialy the details on the back :slight_smile: :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

This last one turned out great. awesome work :wink:

@soulty666: Thanks!
@killfrog58: Thanks man!
@BUSNISMANPATRIOT: Thank you
@SuperHer0: Thank you

5 stars!