ZBrushCentral

Interview: Storm Studios

[attach=229911]Banner[/attach]

After a few rounds of interviews in the gaming industry, we felt it was time to switch gears and shine the spotlight on movie effects once again. Today we are pleased to bring you the first of two interviews focused on Trolljergen (Troll Hunter, for those of us not fluent in Norwegian) – a movie that is being produced in Norway and will be coming soon to theaters in the rest of the world.

Storm Studios is a Norwegian team that worked on bringing some of these fascinating creatures to life for the film. In our interview, we spoke about the challenges of this particular project and how ZBrush helped them rise to the occasion.

Norway is proud of their trolls, and we’re proud to present this glimpse into how the fascinating creatures were created.

CLICK HERE FOR THE INTERVIEW

Here are a few of the MANY images that are found in the interview. Find them there so that you can see them full size!

[attach=229912]Image1[/attach]
[attach=229913]Image2[/attach]
[attach=229914]Image3[/attach]

Many thanks to Martin and his team for taking the time to share so much with us about their work on Trollhunter! And don’t forget to check back again soon for part 2, with the team at Gimpville.

Use this thread to discuss Storm Studios’ Troll Hunter artwork and share your thoughts!

Be sure to also check out our many past interviews, which can be found in the ZBrush Artist Interviews forum and the User Stories page at the Pixologic website.

Attachments

Banner.jpg

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Looking forward to seeing Troll Hunters! Thank you for the great interview!

This movie looks awesome. Great work from storm stidios

Looking forward to seeing Troll Hunters, I hope we can see it in Germany too or I can buy it somewhere …I must have it. :smiley:
Great works! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Haha, go norway!:smiley:
Looking forward to seeing this!

very good work! thanks for sharing and your time for this :slight_smile:

Thanks guys. Hopefully, you’ll get to see it real soon. There has been a lot of requests so I guess the production company has a killer export plan :stuck_out_tongue:

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask here as well.

Thanks for posting :+1: This looks like a fun movie, definitely gonna’ check it out :slight_smile:

Havent seen the movie yet, but I guess I will. Usually they dont make movies like these, filled with action and cg, in Norway.

Really awesome work and thanks for the email!

Cheers,
Josh

is looking forward to see the movie. Martin is a nice guy and a great teacher aswell :slight_smile:

:+1:

Geert: Hey dude. Glad you like it. I’ll let you know when the DVD is shipped worldwide :slight_smile:

Victor: You’re Norwegian and haven’t seen it? Shame on you :slight_smile:

Niels P: Thanks dude. Hope the Viking turned out great after I left.

Neil: thx.

Really inspiring guys! Great work :wink: