Senior Member User Gallery

Yes yes I remember your model .. and I'm very happy to know that you come back once again to complete your project
    good luck
    Mohamed Aly Rabie.
    http://www.rabieart.com/

haha i love jim
    you shoudl work on his crotch, his triceps, and his shoulders from teh back, and how triceps connect to his back

Nice!
    --
    http://www.tobbeo.net/

first of all I loved this model back when you made it the first time. Its so much better now I'm very excited to see the finished product.

I use www.moddler.com for my prints they do very professional work and John the owner is very easy to work with and friendly.
    If you're looking for cheaper solutions www.shapeways.com is usually a good place to look.

if you do the mound of enemies you would need to hollow them out... Like Dynamesh all the enemies together and then create a subtract object
    to make them hollow. Otherwise your print would be very expensive at any size that would be worth it to capture the detail.

I think your rocket idea would be the best choice personally.

cant wait to see picks of the print.
    Last edited by Evan Gaugh; 10-28-12 at 10:28 AM.

So cool to have this model recognised after almost 5 years Those were the days...

slocik: cheers man. Agree about the shoulders, but... triceps connecting to the back? I'm pretty sure they don't do that

Evan Gaugh: Hey thanks a lot for the info, Evan, really appreciate it! Moddler is pretty cool, has some Cedric's works as examples which is pretty awesome (love that guy's stuff). The problem I have is that the prints look rubbery. I don't know how to explain it, but the material they're made of is just not clicking with me. A mix of wax and rubber. I want the print to look solid, like it's made out of a really hard plastic or something like that. I'll contact those guys and see if I can actually choose a material. Or search some more, maybe I can find different companies. But nonetheless, thanks for the links

Anyways, I've been doing some thinking and decided to put Jim on hold for a while. After all, I need to get a job asap, and that model won't help me with that. So here's a little something I've started a couple of days ago. Gonna add tons of slick armour if I could get a permission to use the concept I got here, so it should be a fun model to work on. Been a while since I've done a chick model anyway. I'm quite busy with some work here though, so not sure when I'll have an update on her. Probably on weekend.

Available for full time or freelance work
    Portfolio

I've been asked a couple of times to make a tutorial on how I create clothes and so, here you go. The video shows pretty much the whole process, even how I struggle with layers and silly things like that. The back of the model is almost empty though, but this piece is for my next character, which is going to be a game res model with a leather jacket on top. Speaking of jackets, if I have time tomorrow, I'll start working on that and will record the process again. I've actually recorded pants creating as a test using recorded in ZBrush, but the damn thing crashed, so no video for that.

Anyway, hope some of you will find the video helpful and stay tuned for the jacket!

Portfolio

Nice top! Nice video, too! Thanks for posting it! Look forward to seeing you do the jacket!
    "We are living on this planet as if we had another one to go to." - unknown

Great video! Looking very good

Earthworm Jim is also looking awesome!
    Last edited by Santis; 12-12-12 at 09:53 PM.

Very cool man. Thanks for sharing.

New Member User Gallery

Like it!
    Christian Siecora
    Freelance Artist

http://www.siecora.com

Hey guys, glad you like the video

Unfortunately I am busy with work today, so no jacket for now. But I might as well post a WIP of the character the shirt was made for

Portfolio

Here's the promised jacket video. I recorded pretty much the whole process except for the stitching, creation of zippers (insert brush), pockets and the collar. Here's the final result with a modified shirt from the previous video:

Portfolio

User Gallery

cloth looks amazing, thanks for sharing the vids!

User Gallery

Awesome ... thanks for sharing
    ... expect the worst and hope for the best ...

Portfolio

Member User Gallery

nice work dude.. Bravo.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678915 ... LastLast