Default GoW fan art - Unrealized Dream

Hi everyone! My personal project is finally finished! Hope you like it and I'll be glad to hear any feedback!

Theidea came after the end of the game God of War: Chains of Olympus.There was a very sad moment when Kratos pushed away his own daughter,because the world was in danger... Maybe sound a little bit silly,but in game it was a really tragic moment and I decided to give thema Happy End. It was in a 2008, but because the idea was pretty epicand the lack of technical knowledge I leaved it till “bettertimes”.

Inseptember 2009 I've started to learn Maya and thought that it can becool to combine learning with realisation of my old idea. It was notthe best decision, as I understand now))) Yes, more than 5 years I'mworking on this project. Not everyday of course, with long breaks(from few weeks till 6 month), but during this process I've learnednot only maya, but lots of other software tool, got many new skillsand tons of experience)))

Itwas a W.I.P. project on render.ru (it's in russian) :
    http://www.render.ru/xen/threads/god...mechta.131373/

Iwant to say a BIG THANKS to everyone who was involved in this work!It was a great time and your advice and help was extremely useful andhelpful!!! Special thanks to my friends Dmity andMaxfor powerful offline critics. And super special thanksto my lovely wife for her patience)))

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Epic!

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Magnificent.Jaw Dropping.definitely deserves TOP ROW.

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Fantastic Image!

Thanks, guys!

Just thought that this could be intresting - viewport screenshots))

Super Moderator Follow User Gallery

It's one heck of a piece! However: You mention Maya a couple of times and show Maya viewport shots but not a word regarding where ZBrush was used.

Questions about using ZBrush? Check out these valuable resources:

ZBrush Tutorial Movies: Link
    Download Center: (PDF documentation, models, plugins): Link

Online Documentation: Link

ZBC FAQ: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/faq.php
    ZBC Advanced Search:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/search....st&forumchoice

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Ditto of post #7

aurick, Doug Jones - Yes, guys, you are right - it's my mistake.

Zbrush was used for characters (sculpting, texturing and posing), for adding imperfections and cracks for environment parts in foreground and rocks were also build in it (sculpt, retopo, baking and texturing). Greyshade render of Kratos was made in Zbrush from it's final model.

Honestly, those are my first characters (except the lion and monkey statue) and it was a big challenge for me to finish at least Kratos with a quality that fits my needs. So, on one side a "Zbrush part" at this project is not so big, but really it was a huge part of it. I was a real zero at anatomy (and still the same and the whole process of character creation.

Hope it's enough to post thread here