ZBrushCentral

Recap: ZBrush Student Challenge at the Montreal International Game Summit

MontrealPUGRecapBanner.jpg

Many thanks to all those attending our events in Montreal and Quebec City. It was great to meet you; we hope you enjoyed our ZBrush presentations and activities and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Prize Draw

Thank you for completing and submitting the ZBrush on line comment form.

Congratulations to our lucky prize draw winners:

1. Rachel Jenny Langlois – Quebec City
  2. Daniel Cantin – Montreal UGM
  3. Tsz Ho Tsang – Montreal International Game Summit (MIGS)

They each receive a full commercial license of ZBrush 4!

ZBrush Student Challenge at the Montreal International Game Summit (MIGS)

Our ZBrush Student Challenge (in association with Wacom) at the Montreal International Game Summit (MIGS) proved to be a great success with 17 students being challenged to create a ‘Leader of an Empire’ game character in ZBrush, ‘live’ from scratch in 3 hours!

The minimum requirements for the challenge were:

:small_orange_diamond: The model must have at least 5 Sub Tools
:small_orange_diamond: Must be a bust from the waist up (minimum)
:small_orange_diamond: Must start from a ZBrush base – no importing of a base from any other application

Creations were judged by the Pixologic panel on the basis of:

:small_orange_diamond: Artistic skill and overall design
:small_orange_diamond: Most creative and original interpretation of theme
:small_orange_diamond: Best use of ZBrush tools and features

The first ever ZBrush ‘live’ real time challenge created a thrilling and captivating buzz as students’ creations came to life on monitors and a large projection screen in the designated MIGS competition arena.

A big ‘thank you’ to all those student ‘ZBrushers’ who participated – we were very impressed with the standard of work and hope you enjoyed the experience and opportunity to show your artistic skills and creativity under the pressure and glare of fellow artists and students. We hope to do more ‘live’ ZBrush competitions in the future!

The winner was Alex May from Champlain College, Burlington Vermont!

He was presented with a full commercial special anniversary package license of ZBrush 4 and a Wacom Intuos 4 tablet at our own Pixologic/Wacom academy style award ceremony.

Honorable mentions and a special anniversary package license of ZBrush 4 were also presented to:
Jeffrey Lee
Francois Bergeron Demers
Yannick Tetreault

Alex May commented: ‘’I am incredibly happy that you told me to enter into the D3D contest and that actually won it. I want to thank you and your company for sponsoring the competition, I love ZBrush and I love the community that has sprung up around your product.’’

Please see ZBrush Student Challenge images below. Click each icon to view the full-sized image.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

And if you’re going to be in Los Angeles this coming weekend (November 19-21) be sure to join Pixologic at the CTN Animation Expo 2010! Full information can be found by CLICKING HERE.

Many thanks!

The Pixologic Team[/COLOR]

MontrealPUGIcon.jpg

Hi, my name is François Bergeron Demers, I was one of the participant of the D3D ZBrush 4 challenge (I made the T-Rex) and I just want to say thanks to Paul Gaboury and the rest of the Pixologic team for this opportunity!
I dont have a thread of my work here on ZBrushCentral at the moment, I’m probably gonna create one in a couple of weeks once my session in college is finish, but for know I’d like to do some publicity for my DeviantArt page wich you can find at IndieBD.DeviantArt.com :D.
Thanks again!

They only had 3 hours?
Wow, great work everyone… and cool ZBrush caps. :slight_smile:

Btw, will there be another ZBrush contest here on ZBC someday?
I`m waiting for revenge for almost two years now. :wink:

Hey all :slight_smile: My name is Evan Bujold and I was also one of the contestants at the D3D challenge. I created the Joan of Arc model. Sadly I didn’t place, but the competition was a blast! I had a great time and got a sweet ZBrush hat and a new portfolio piece out of the deal, so I really can’t complain. I’m sharpening my knives for next time though >;) keep me posted

Great results…especially coming from 3 hours of work only!

Will there be any other such events in montreal?

Hello, François Bergeron Demers here, the T-Rex creator from the D3D ZBrush 4 challenge. Gratitude to Paul Gaboury and the Pixologic team for the opportunity! While my ZBrushCentral thread is pending, check out my DeviantArt page at [insert DeviantArt page link] for a sneak peek. Stay tuned for more!

Thanks