ZBrushCentral

A suggestion for a new plugin.

Hi all!
I’m new of ths forum, and I don’t know if is this the rightsectin where I can post something like this.
However, talking with zbrush friends XD I found that there is a big problem that each one of them met a lot of time and every time they say “Oh crap!!”.
The problem is the fact that when the computer accidentally crash or shut down for some reason zbrush not recover anything of the work in progress…
I write this here because maybe the pixologic team could make a plugin that automatically save or recover the ztl in those situation or maybe ther is aready something like that.

Happy zbrushing^^

I believe this has been suggested before. I am not 100% sure about Z4 but here’s a thread you could look at. Search is your friend :wink:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=80077&highlight=autosave

There is actually Auto File Recovery in ZBrush though some users have reported problems. You turn it on in the Preferences>Performance menu (save the configuration by pressing Shift+Ctrl+i).

For an automatic save facility, this has been requested from time to time. A zscripted solution is problematic because using a different plugin will cause the script to exit. Also, you need to bear in mind that file saving for large files can impact on performance and interrupt workflow. It is better really to get in the habit of saving often and saving versions. Svengali wrote his Quicksave plugin to help with this; I believe he intends to update it for ZBrush 4 in due course.

Marcus = align subtools like firework cs4 for example (select cetner top etc.++ subtools…)… will be have a plugin for align the subtools or zshpere… i propose it since 2/3 years :wink: remember???