Senior Member User Gallery

Default Lots of Magic tricks

Looks like you have many many tricks up your sleeve.
    This is another fine bit of programming......congrats from 3d printing Scotland.
    For 3D Printing UK
    www.magicmodel.co.uk

Default new function to sculptris

wait to see it Dr Petter will it be release in a one year schedule?
    i see future in sculptris =) its a great tool.

New Member User Gallery

Has there been any update since Sculprtis Alpha 6? It's sort of been quiet for a while and just like to know what are the plans for Sculptris future and some approximate time line if possible?

New Member User Gallery

inb4 all sculptris functionality is assimilated into zbrush and we never see a new version again.

Quote Originally Posted by xalener View Post
    inb4 all sculptris functionality is assimilated into zbrush and we never see a new version again.
    What functionality?

Although I'd love to see an update, this is a relatively old topic. Wings3d, Blender, and Meshlab all have a Tri's to Quads function. Along with all the posts on Retopo, Decimation, UV-mapping, if you're seriously waiting for a Sculptris update for this, then you missed the boat long ago.
    Sculptris by it's self is nothing more than a doodle pad. The UV-mapping doesn't work well in other softwares, and the topology won't animate well, and there's no scene editor - no way to rename/manage objects, groups, materials, etc. However, Using Sculptris along with Wings3d, Blender, Paint.NET, etc. you have MOST (95%) of the functionality of Zbrush/3DSMax, the other 5% being time. Yes the time it takes to export an .obj and import it to another program which is maybe a minute longer than pushing the GoZ button? The time it takes to open an image and build a texture in Paint.NET ? The time it takes to Decimate/Remesh/Retopo/Shrinkwrap and UV-map a Low-poly.

Sculptris isn't Zbrush, and since Pixologic owns it, it never will be! If you NEED Zbrush, then buy Zbrush.

New Member User Gallery

I don't expect Sculptis to be ZBrush. And I truly hope Sculptis is never ZBrush. Just looking at ZBrush interface with it's 1000++ controls gives me a heart attack. I'm just a hobbyist and find Sculptis great for a quick pickup an go with no fuss modeller. Ideas just flow straight to creating a model without learning anything too complex. It's great for a casual user like myself but it could do with a few more tweaks, stability and convenient functions.
    Last edited by Gigabeat; 07-15-12 at 11:13 PM.

Member User Gallery

My issue is that this, and now qremesher has been teasing us with an auto retopo for too long now. If it's not going to happen tell us and don't give us false hopes.

@crumbaker - they never gave us false hope ... they cap it all

... so just sit down and wait

Quote Originally Posted by O/MI View Post
    @crumbaker - they never gave us false hope ... they cap it all

... so just sit down and wait
    Sitting and waiting....
    Getting impatient and my butt is starting to hurt.
    nope...
    I don't know what I'm doing but I'm doing it anyway.

Yeah almost 3 years later ..... The start of this thread was Dr Petters Last post ... in Oct of 2010. The year before Zbrush had No real competition, 3DCoat being the closest. Blender was still changing from ugly old UI, Max and Mudbox if you could afford it. Then out of nowhere this Dr Petter appeared with Sculptris ... cute little sculpting app that took the computing out of the way .... It was too easy, too clean, and Free!!! It was still an Alpha ... just a tester .... an Idea .... a Way Cool Idea. No worrying bout the wireframe, let the machine do that. And why would you buy Zbrush for $400 (back then) dollars when you could get Sculptris for free. So Pixo talked Dr Petters out of it, with some money and a Job .... and he worked for the next half a year to Bring us Alpha 6! I remember cause I'm the jerk that posted "That's it? One Lousy Button?" ... yeah the now infamous GOZ button had appeared, but to you use it you had to have Zbrush. Actually there was major improvement behind the scenes. Quad models could stay quads. better handling of images. But the ability to paint 4096 textures was taken away (you can do that in Alpha 5) .. No one's sure why he disappeared, my post was in June if I remember, the day it came out .... oops.

Quote Originally Posted by justadeletedguy View Post
    a Way Cool Idea.
    Wanna see something that will knock your socks off?
    Its open source and it runs in your browser (I seriously recommend Chrome for this).
    The UI isn't QUITE up to snuff (Dr. Peter is still the god of near perfect UI's) but this is to me totally stunning:

http://stephaneginier.com/sculptgl/

Feel free to drool.

So far its biggest drawback is that I can't figure out how to move the object around in X and Y, only rotate and Zoom.

SculptFab chopped it up and reduced the number of features for some reason theirs is here:

https://labs.sketchfab.com/sculptfab/

Bare in mind that these are web pages, both automatically upload your objects to a couple of different websites for online viewing and that says to me that adding a GoZ button is possible, in fact adding a NETWORKED GoZ button should be possible.

Oh, they also have better Wacom tablet support then ZBrush does (so does Sculptris for that matter).

In theory Dr. Peter is not buried next to Jimmy Hoffa and will see this post and notice the OPEN SOURCE part...
    HINT!
    nope...

User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MealeaYing View Post
    Sitting and waiting....
    Getting impatient and my butt is starting to hurt.
    You have ZRemesher with guides, get off your butt and model something. Why do you hunt down tools rather than using the ones you already posess?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Jones View Post
    You have ZRemesher with guides, get off your butt and model something. Why do you hunt down tools rather than using the ones you already posess?
    Because I love sculpting in things like Sculptris, its easier and more fluid, ZRemesher is sort of an after the sculpting tool to some extent, though I use it like other people use DynaMesh.
    Also I like to be able to zoom in and out with my mouse wheel and the ring thingy on my wacom tablet, I like it so much in fact that I spend more time doing actual sculpting in Sculptris then I do in ZBrush.
    The fact that I have all of these tools makes me rather happy, I like all of them and the new ones on the web are stunning, I cannot wait to see where they go.
    nope...

I am afraid, that I just can agree.
    Zbrush is monster cool with thousands of possibilities.
    Like heavy metal or Jazz played by professional educated musicians.
    Astonishing, mindblowing but exhausting.
    Dynamesh feels rough and not flawless in workflow for me.
    (In comparison to Sculptris)
    Since I own zBrush I missed plenty of sculptures that I could have done while just sticking in zBrush features.
    Not that I wanna give it away.

Working with sculptris is just one simple magic melody.
    You are sculpting on rhythm of these soft music waves.
    Once you have heard and felt that, you won't forget.
    You are enchanted for your whole live.

That's the smile people often describe while working with sculptris.

No worries, just fun.

A feeling I am missing very often in zBrush.

@Mealea
    Thanks for the link.
    Hold Middle Mouse Button and move for drag in X and Y.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast