ZBrushCentral

Up and working

Thought I’d try out Zbrush now that it is working…had to partition the disk.

Started with an old model of mine…slapped some shapes and color about, ‘sketched’ with the model…changed my mind a few times. Then went for a ‘soft’ art cheaty approach…(blending). Baked the model and background straight away in the first image here. All done with the blend tool and smudge tool…and paintbrush…then a little corelpaint…had three layers…baked them, then painted…stretched etc. Lost detail in jpgs.
Images in order of art whims…

Welcome back Ed,
Very good image, i like it a lot.

cameyo

good morning Ed…great to see you back at it buddy :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: I love the walkthru and when i get home I want to study these even further…you are still the a Zmaster for sure :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Welcome back Ed! Having admired your past posts I am ecstatic to see you back and at it again. I shall add you to my Muse collection :wink: Wonderful approach on this. I like the way you went from 3D to 2D paint style. The end result most definitely has the 2D look to it. Wonderful way to bring the point home :+1: :+1:

WELCOME BACK ED. interesting portrait

Very particular tecnique!!! Very very good image!!! I like a lot !!!

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Nice portrait and interesting technique :+1: :+1: :+1:

It’s really nice to have you back, Ed! Very cool step-by-step progression, and the final image, wowsa!

Welcome back my friend. I am sure yoiu remember our past contacts. I am so very pleased to see that you have not lost your special way with ZBrush. looking forward to many more !

DeeVee.

It all comes together in the last image. Good work. I find that a female face is always harder to get to look right for some reason. This is nice, and it’s nice to see your work here again :+1:

Hi Ed! I came to ZBC after you “disappeared” so I am not familiar with your work, but if this is any indication, I look forward to seeing more.

A whopping spectacular return, Ed! She’s very pretty, with your usual pleasingly unique choice of hues.

Great to see your work again! You have been missed.

Beautiful work Ed! :+1: :+1: :+1:
Delighted to see you back here, you inspiring Madman you!!! :wink:
That portrait is wonderful, even though I saw Jim Morrison in the first one, and he turned foxy on me in the last one… :smiley:

Welcome back, Ed.
Your image looks really great :+1: :+1: :+1:

stargo

:smiley: + :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: eds!

• juandel

Ed my good man-we’ve missed you so --glad to see your portrait in it’s many stages…certainly hope you can find time with your busy schedule to give us some more fine beauties of artistic wonderment :smiley: :+1: :+1: :+1: :smiley: