ZBrushCentral

Z4 Beta Testing By: Yiannis Tyropolis

Zb 4 is amazing! I can’t think of a more generous software. Thank you Pixologic!

These are some the work I did with ZB4 beta.

With the new tools such as Shadowbox, Cliptools, new masking tools Lightbox, Timeline, new brushes and advanced layered system to name a few you can really boost your creativity.

The new Best Preview Render offers an big upgrade in rendering possibilities

This was my concept sketch

all these is renders done with bpr using multiple passes

all these is renders done with bpr using multiple passes

detailed workflow in the next posts!:smiley:ZBC1.jpg

1 Like

Great style and renders!! Can’t wait to see the passes :+1:

the new render-engine finally seems to do the matcap-system justice. really love your renders. the character looks cool, too. :wink:

chem!

those renders are amazing , looking forward to the many tutorials on making incredible renders in Z4 soon.

Beautiful character design! Love the texture and sculpt on this one. Any plans on rigging and animating this guy?

PascalR - Thank you very much, more in depth details coming

chemkid - glad you liked him. not really matcap used;)

The Namek - I really appreciate it, everything is coming!

scetchguy - Thank you very much. He is going probably for rigging and animating, for a short maybe

I usually plan for animation so, i didn’t care so much for rendering, but always wanted nice renders of sculpts, props, characters etc to refine the style , communicate ideas, and think about lighting, texturing and stuff. so I 'm definitely going to render stuff on Z4 now!:slight_smile:

I always render in passes cause the non of the non destructive workflow, the no need for refinement at render time, and the accuracy on the look you want! In this render I set up my passes almost identical for what i would do for MR and everything worked as I intended. So I think beside doing great renders that can really highlight your work , having a similar setup can have a very positive effect on consistency of the final look. Beside the BPR, the Timeline is also used so i have my camera set and i can always go back for another pass.;) these are the passes: I'm thinking of doing some kind of tutorial about the process if needed. For some people Multpasses seem laborious but i think it's quite the opposite. AMBIENT LIGHTING- OCCLUSION: I use the Flat Material with BPR AO and very high settings so I a very smooth ambient shading. When you use this pass as an occlusion you don't need to have so much detail but I don't use it like that. KEY LIGHT - Basic Material with one light with relatively hard shadows, no specular on Material and no Ambient on the Light Palette. Shadow Strength to 1. FILL- BOUNCE LIGHT- Like the Key Light with softer shadows REFLECTION - I used this for specular highlights, I think the material is HDRI_SKIN MATERIAL(of course it's not HDR) but any material with an image mapped would do. No shadows no Occlusion. The same direction of light like the Key FRESNEL PASS - This the Fresnel Overlay Material. When I was setting up the passes I didn't know there was a material like that. As I was exploring I noticed that . You could do that differently, but this is by far the easiest .Very handy. no shadows or AO DEPTH - self- explanatory COLOR - Flat Color Mat. There you have your polypainting or textures CHANNEL MATTES - Flat Color Mat. There you polypaint- fill your separate subtools with 100% blue, green, red color so you can separate them in post. MASK- self- explanatory BACK SCATTERING - I used a similar setup like the default shader on the SSS demoSoldier. I turn off the non SSS materials, No Shadows or Ao. I used the default position for the backlight. The settings change by the scale and resolution* of the image FRONT SCATTERING - Same Settings like Back Scattering but I used the direction of the Keylight. The Document bkg is set to black or white depending on whether you Multiply, Add or Screen. Compositing made with Shake and the workflow is similar in all node based Apps (Fusion, Nuke, etc) Does anybody care for the Node Tree? I'm replicating the comp in PS so it's more convenient for most users to explain. You can have identical results. The Passes <!--[attach=209324]PassesBreakdown_02c.jpg[/attach]--> <!--[attach=209323]PassesBreakdown_01c.jpg[/attach]--> this post is based on previous post in beta phase, tomorrow I'll post the full character!:) I'm also going to explain in depth my workflow, sorry for the delay

thanks for sharing that man. really useful! lovely character! Would really like to see the full guy!

Cool! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

brother ur modell and renders are too good but can u plz tell me ehat does fresnel and channel mattes do plzz reply …

the result looks amazing, thanks for your explanation.it´s really helpful.a deeper tutorial about your process and settings would be very kind of you.
thanks in advance :slight_smile:

davidness - Thank you very much!

yvan_c - glad you like him! arsalanali - Thanks for the feedback! Fresnel Pass can be used in several ways, one is to add a "peach fuzz" effect in materials that have microhair, clothes, velvet, skin etc .It can also can be used as a mask for reflections, so at the edges you have more reflectivity than in the centre (facing ratio). With Channel mattes you can isolate different objects through RGB channels. Try that. Copy my breakdown image and press in Photoshop Ctrl+2-3-4 on Windows, or Cmd+2-3-4 on MacOsx. This is the full Character <!--[attach=209708]FinalComp_03.jpg[/attach]-->

Wooow Yiannis!!, the look and final aspect is really fantastic!!.:grimacing: Can yoy post some image with the texturing or modeling process please?, sorry for my english, I speak a little, i’m spanish, see you later, thank you very much.:+1:

awesome!

wow great toon and fantastic comp. thx 4 sharing :slight_smile:

Loving this character! Great work on the rendering it out, but I still didn’t quite get it :lol:

Great work man, love the bust renders and texturing. :+1:

Would love to see a tutorial on how you composited the render passes together to get the final result.

thanks , sir for giving me the reply im trying with ur breakdowns …but can u plz tell the multiplying modes in ps
and once again ur model rock… zmonster is growing powerful each day bu eating artist brain :D:D:D:D

great looking. I’ll be watching this for render tips!

woow he looks great!

Very nice!
One more reason for me after a long time to make something in ZBrush.
This is exactly the style I love.
Thanks for the inspiration.