ZBrushCentral

Making Time For Art #2 - Now with tutorial movie PART 2

Hi:)
During the past week, I have had some ‘free time’ which enabled me to complete one of the models that I have started during the development phase of Z4. I have also made use of the Z4-timeline feature to create the following presentation movie. I hope that you’ll enjoy watching this movie and may even be inspired to create timeline-presentations for your ZBrush creations!

UPDATE 1: Work-in-progress images. See page 2

UPDATE 2: Recorded Modeling Session ‘PART 1’. See page 6

UPDATE 3: Recorded Modeling Session ‘PART 2’. See page 11

UPDATE 4: Work-in-progress images. See page 13

This model was originally intended as a test of the new shadow box and ‘hard’ surface brushes that are available in Z4. The modeling process was similar to the one I have used when creating the wristwatch model (See the “Making Time For Art” thread).

I will (within a day or two) post some of the reference images and work-in-progress BPR renders of this model.

Have fun ZBrushing,
-Pixolator

Incredible… If you had told me that this was ZBrush back when I started using 2.5 I would never have believed you. It’s a good time to be a Pixol pusher : )

excellent movie…but please…show some of us technophobes how to use the timeline feature?..yes?

That is utterly Insane

Is there any chance you could do a video showing how you made some of the more complex shapes? I think it could be quite beneficial.

Wow! Absolutely beautiful. Really nice job on the presentation. How long did it take you to make the model?..and what is the music from?

Waajjaahhhhh…
Youve got to rpint this out!

No one man should have all that power

Amazing! :grimacing: :+1:

s&$t! that’s beautiful. David Kimble would have loved to have had this a couple decades ago.

Awesome, awesome work! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Very cool. But how do you possibly work with all those subtools without folders? An excersize in frustration unless you had large portions merged through most of the modeling process, then did a group split at the end just for the animation. Folders would make a model like this fairly routine. But without them, your patience is astounding!!

Awesome Pixolator … :slight_smile: :+1: Congrats Top row… :wink:

No way! that’s a lot of subtools!!! insanely cool! ZBrush 4 using it at is maximum! definitely mind blowing! thank you very much for the inspiration!

Is that motorcycle your own design? It reminds me of one of the bikes from Confederate Motorcycles:
http://www.confederate.com/cm4/machines.php

when you press alt+lmb on an object it will select it in the viewport and in the subtool menu.

so you dont even need to use the interface much to get to any of the objects.

Really nice model, and exceptionally choreographed to the music.:smiley:

I have no interest in hijacking this thread, but I must point out that this model, like most of mine, has HUNDREDS of subtools!!! Many of which are inside others. You can’t hit explode every time you want to find a single hex nut, especially if you also want to isolate the carburetor it is attached to. All I’m saying is: This is VERY impressive without folders.

Lol, 500+ subtools!!! Amazing!
And considering the fact that there is no grouping or sorting of some sort in the subtools… :smiley: Awesome, you must be having terrible headache working on this one :slight_smile:

OH MY GATO!!! holy F!#%$#! $#$! ^$!^! son of a %$@$% and !#%^ 5stars.

Thank you for your kind feedback:)

Here are some wip images (I have yet to render the final version)…

The initial inspiration and references are from Confederate Motorcycles. The following is one of the early stages…

…I have then continued to add details…

…and took a slight design detour…

I will render and post images of the final model in a day or two.
-PixolatorMC42.jpgMC51.jpgMC03small.jpgMC06small.jpg

Attachments

MC42.jpg

MC51.jpg