Default Brushes?

I am curious as to either obtaining or creating Brushes and Brush sets.
    I have now been through the forums both here and at the original site, this is not to say that I have been through every post or that I could not have simple overlooked the answer some where. If any one can either direct me to the answer or simply tell me what I need to do I would 0be very appreciative.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Watch this free video while its still available. Its excellent!

http://www.zbrushworkshops.com/free-workshop.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nancyan
    Watch this free video while its still available. Its excellent!

http://www.zbrushworkshops.com/free-workshop.html
    Does not explain the process of making brushes however.

There is a pdf on this page http://www.google.co.uk./#hl=en&q=ma...c978d3061eb124
    Last edited by JimB0; 09-13-10 at 12:00 PM.
    AMD QUAD CORE FX-4100 3600MHz : GTX550 Ti 1GB : 8GB DDR3 : WINDOWS 8.1 PRO :
    WACOM INTUOS PEN & TOUCH

1) Set your document size to a square such as 1024 x 1024

2) Make the document backround black and set the range to zero to get rid of the gradient

3) Select a brush that is similar to the type you are trying to modify

4) Hit clone to make a copy of the brush type you selected

5) Load a sphere and make it a polymesh, selecting a white material that's similar to the look of the brush palette icons. Subdivide the sphere a few times to smooth the surface.

6) Open the Layers panel FROM THE TOOL PALETTE and add a layer so you can test your brush modifications on the layer and not the base sphere. On the layer you create you can play around then delete the layer and re-add a fresh layer and generally keep going with the same sphere.

7) When you are done, clear the layers and make a nice representative sampling of your brush on the sphere. Hit the F key to center the sphere and go into your texture palette and hit "grab doc". Save this image from your texture palette.

8) From the Brush Palette, save your brush and then hit SelectIcon and upload the grab doc image you saved.ZGrab01x.jpg

Thank you for the information, it is very helpful. Prior to shutting down last night I went back in and started playing with the "texture" file in the sculptris directory, low-an-behold there where my brush presets. That was all fine and dandy, and I was rather pleased with my self. Now that you have explained how to create my own brushes, I believe that I can make my sculpts even better.

The long and short of it, Thank you all very much.

My apologies! (I need sleep). I posted to this thread from the "New Post" list and didn't notice it was for Sculptris..a program I currently know nothing about. So my instructions were obviously for Zbrush.

Nancyan; I thought that something seemed a bit odd with it, however knowing it was for Z-Brush I am very great-full to have this information as well. thank you very much for the information and the followup. It was my mistake not being more precise in my title.

There is a Blender tutorial that shows how to make a very simple alpha brush.
    http://www.tutorials-expert.com/tuto...lender-25.html
    WACOM INTUOS PEN & TOUCH

Are there any other brushes for sculptris other than the stock 7? Zbrush has a wealth of brushes and apparently the ability to create more. I would like more brushes for sculptris.

There are some user made brushes here http://drpetter.proboards.com/index....lay&thread=250

Note you will likely not get a clearly defined shape until you subdivide your model to 500k + triangles.
    Last edited by JimB0; 09-23-10 at 11:52 PM.
    WACOM INTUOS PEN & TOUCH

Thanks for pointing me there, but I don't really want ANOTHER required membership to get them. I have accumulated entirely too many of them lately. Makes my e-mail inbox even more aggravating. I do appreciate that you gave me a chance to see that there are more brushes out there though.