Senior Member User Gallery

Ooh. That's wild!
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." -E.F. Schumacher

Super Moderator User Gallery

After you upload the image, the File Upload Manager window won't close. You'll see your attachments in its "Attachments" section. By default, each newly uploaded attachment is checked.

What you need to do is now click the "Insert Inline" button. That is what creates the code in your post so that the image appears there rather than as thumbnails.

Questions about using ZBrush? Check out these valuable resources:

ZBrush Tutorial Movies: Link
    Download Center: (PDF documentation, models, plugins): Link

Online Documentation: Link

ZBC FAQ: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/faq.php
    ZBC Advanced Search:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/search....st&forumchoice

Thank you Jerick! It reminded me of so many different things while working on it. Gears of War, Borderlands, even Kabal from Mortal Kombat. Wasn't really sure where it was going until it was done, and I had a lot of fun with it.

Also, thank you Aurick (lots of Ricks) I will be certain to put that to use on my next post!

New Member User Gallery

Great models! I really like the clean, polished feel of it. Keep going!

Woo! Head project done! Had a lot of fun making these, and all of the variants for them. Already looking forward to my next project. Zbrush is addictive.

Grats, Rykka! Nice work!
    Deviantart

An old dog, learning some new tricks.
    Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

Joel: I can't do it... this just isn't working. I don't know how Shatner does it every week!
    Crowe T. Robot: I don't know why he does it, or who lets him do it!

Woo! New project. Really enjoying this one so far. I had a dear friend visit from across the states and he left me a gift by way of two graphic novels drawn by Olivier Ledriot called "Requiem". I really loved the over-the-top style of the very talented artist, with all of the sharp points, obvious effigies and tight leather. I decided to create something in that vein and quickly sketched up this paper doll design last night- setting to work on the under-suit. Having a lot of fun with it, looking forward to working on some of the armor parts tomorrow.

I even made my own material for the first time ever, the black leather! Not quite as shiny as I wanted it, but the process is still pretty new for me. Also totally took the opportunity to put the chain brush I made to use again on here, though I will likely touch it up in Photoshop later when the textures are done to make more interesting clasps and segment connectors.

All in all, fun so far!

Last edited by Rykka; 04-22-12 at 05:20 AM.

New Member User Gallery

I love these mask designs,sweet!

New Member User Gallery

Default These look Bitchin'!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rykka View Post
    Well thank you VoodooDad! (And a great name, by the way.)

Working with SL (Second Life) is full of these pieces. It's very hard to describe the workflow. Generally in SL you have to make everything in parts. For instance, the Anubis armor I made was composed of... oh geeze... Eighteen unique parts? For instance in the head alone there was the head, the tassel, the hair, the throat armor and the ears. All of which needed to be detailed from all sides since inside of the game they can be pulled apart. One of the biggest past times in SL is people buying things, tearing them apart to make their own unique designs out of them. So if someone took my Anubis apart I would need to make sure that even the parts the hair hid were fully detailed. It can be a bit time consuming, but you can re-purpose pieces a lot this way in many useful and unforeseen ways.

So essentially, all of these models are made up of many little detailed tiny parts which are single objects on their own!

Thank you Voivode, I had a lot of fun working on them! I love doing heads and head models. They are too much fun.

Got a little bit of work done tonight, but not nearly as much as I'd hoped. The pauldrons from the sketch, as well as the breast cups, not shown. Drowsy sort of night though, hard to concentrate!

Really nice work on the armor Rykka! I was going to make a wisecrack about breast cups, but I think I'll spare you.
    Deviantart

An old dog, learning some new tricks.
    Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

Joel: I can't do it... this just isn't working. I don't know how Shatner does it every week!
    Crowe T. Robot: I don't know why he does it, or who lets him do it!

New Member User Gallery

Really love the detailing on these, what's cool is you have your own style!

Member User Gallery

Hey man,
    Thanks for the comments on my work.
    I was checking your stuff out. This chick your working on looks pretty cool. I especially like the forearm guards. Great design.

best,
    R

Slight update, a few more pieces done. The chest and arms are out of the way now, still working on the belt. I am starting with Zspheres for everything due to a process limitation down the line so making some of these shapes out of spheres was tricky! Like the cross that wraps around the bicep. I am really, really not liking the belt so far. I may scrap it, but we will see. The little face over the sternum was a lot of fun to make, I enjoyed it. None of these are complete, all need touch-ups, but they are starting to shape up! Can't wait to see it running around in-game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast