Ive been attempting a few sculpts regarding this topic recently and thought it would be cool to see what you guys could come up with.
- You can pick any 2D character to base your sculpt on, just state what cartoon/comic/game they are from.
- You can create your own base mesh, or use an existing one (demo head in zbrush, free one from gnomon workshop...) - it doesnt matter, the final product is what counts.
- You can submit as many characters as you like, but you must select only one to put forward to be judged.
- Other 3d applications CAN ONLY BE USED FOR CONSTRUCTING BASE MESHES. This is a sculpting challenge afterall
- You have complete freedom on your approach, eg heavily stylised, realistic, manga.... pick any style you want.
- This is a bust challenge so no full characters please, if this challenge takes off that may be a topic for next time.
- You can present your render however you like (eg add text or borders in photoshop - be creative)
- You can use as many subtools as you require.
- All texturing must be done inside zbrush using polypaint
- All rendering must be done inside zbrush
- All members of Zbrush Central will have the choice to vote should they choose to. Voting will open after the challenge end date and run for 1 week. Each voter is asked to select their top 3 favourite entries and order them 1-3. 1st place gets 3 points, 2nd gets 2 points and 3rd gets 1 point. Once the points are counted the top 3 will be identified.
- Start Date is 8th Sept 2010 - End Date is 8th Oct 2010.
Feel free to fire any questions and il try to answer as best i can.
Have fun guys
It's been such a long time since I did any zbrushing, but I love those two cartoons " Family guy and American Dad". I think your Stewie is just great and so is your Stan.
I'm up for doing a bust of the "old pervert" from Family Guy. I'll get started right away. This should be fun, hope more join in.
K ive gone back and tweaked homer slightly as i wernt happy before...
iv looked at the mouth shape and the chin and altered them. Ive also tried to make him look less angry/intense by raising his brow and making the pupils bigger. the new render is using best render followed by bpr, it gives a slightly different effect, the colours arent as dark and the sss seems more apparent.