Need Suggestions with Facial Features
Guys I am trying to work on a project, but am having trouble getting the facial features right. I basically am doing an action model for photorealistic render if I ever get it figured out.
Right now I am wanting to give my model the face of Lucy Liu. I guess the first thing to do is to post where I am at and then give a description of what I see looking at the reference and then hopefully someone can steer me into the correct direction and to show where i am wrong. I am not an artist like I have said before in other threads, just an old guy wanting to learn and to create for myself and family.
So breakdown on the pics.
First pic is poly layout of the full body and second is a closeup of the face geometry.
Then one of my better ref pics as it is a head on view. The final pic is what the subdivided model looks like at this point.
Ok my notices.
1: She is part Asian and her eyes are slightly slanted upwards.
2. the inner corners of the eyes have a little curve downwards.
3. the bottom eyelid seems to run in a fairly straight line across and the upper eyelid has a fairly decent hump to it.
4. Lucy has a distinguishing eyeball layout. basically i don't know what you call it, lazy eye, crazy eye, or whatever, but her eyeballs aren't symmetrical in that one eye seems to fall behind the other.
5. She has arched eyebrows.
6. her lower lip has a droop to the center of the lip in that the center of the lower lip is fairly wide. the upper lip kinda humps upwards slightly.
7. she has fairly prominent cheekbones.
8. her chin is not really wide but it doesnt come in to a tight point but is small with a nice flow to it.
those are what I see when I look at the ref pics. Am I wrong somewhere.
Here is a shot of her face at another angle
heres the areas I worked
1: Of course the first and most important feature of lucy is her eyes. I spent a lot of time (cause im not very good so im slow) at working them and then adding the puffiness she has under them. (seen better in all the other ref i have)
2. Raised the jawline as it was just a base and was laying pretty flat. I then did a little more definition on it but not much yet as I am still working in subdivision levels 1 and 2 and just use higher for posting so its smoother and easier to see the overall.
3. she has really round full cheeks so I puffed them out more and refined the nose area.
4. Her lips needed work so I puffed them out some making them fuller and adding a little definition around the lips.
5. worked just slightly on her brow area.
I think I am narrowing her down and not being an artist doubt I could get a nice realistic look , but want to get it as close as possible and will keep working it til I get to the point i think I cant get it any closer.
I need to work some on the body too once I get the face close then get her posed before I totally finish the facial features and start adding wrinkles etc as I will have to adjust her expression to the pose.
i have a hard time visualizing a finished face on a bald head. So I slapped a couple coats of paint on the face and made a temp hairdo and put it on her for some reference and to mee it looks like I am gaining some ground
ok I did some more adjustments this morning.
1: I adjusted the brow giving it a little more arch and inflated the outer underneath part of the brow.
2: I removed her upper eyelid
3: I refined her nose ridge a wee bit
4: brought in the sides of her jaw a little more
5: few other tweeks here and there
Ok I retopoed the head to give a better edgeflow around the mouth cheek area. Also someone gave me a nice profile view which really helped and think I about got it nailed down now.
I need to make the bulb on her nose bigger and to bring out and flatten her forehead a little and think i have it
oh plus resize the eyes and adjust the left eyelid