ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge #8- Jewelry

The Monday night Zbrush IRC chat group has decided that this week’s challenge will be to create an image of any kind of jewelry. It could be a necklace, diamond ring, tiara, etc…
Any style, tools, and techniques can be used. The only requirement is that it be done entirely in ZBrush. The deadline for submissions is Sunday night (January 19th) at midnight. Have fun, everyone!

Click to view the gallery

Hello to all zbrusher !!! :smiley:
This is my contributions :

[Gallery Entry]

Hope that u like this !!! :wink:

My first go at it…a necklace…and yes…as it has been pointed out…it has no clasp…I did that on purpose.

Really great images guys!
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :slight_smile:

wow, guys! wonderful designs! here is a bracelet that would probably rip all softer textiles it comes in touch with - but then, its a 4 minutes design and incl. mucho material/light fiddlings (all failed) and render didnt take more than half an hour only - that shows :smiley:

[gallery entry]

• juandel

Cascadings Riviera of spiraloid diamonds :slight_smile:

[img]http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/zbc_uploads/user_image-1042667592iyg.jpg[/img]

[gallery entry]

And the X-ray view for detect the false :smiley:
Pilou :cool:

Very nice images so far, quite creative.

And here is my first. I love this topic so I will probably work on another one before Monday night. I created the opal material that I used for the stones. I was trying to create a sort of antique or old feel to it. Hope I suceeded.

[gallery entry] (if we are still going to have the gallery)

Nice work everbody, particularly intrigued with the blue on Juandels bangle, it looks like it has an internal glow. The opal worked well Northstarr. :+1: :+1: :+1:
Dave

Great images, everyone :+1:

:question:         :question:         :question:         :question:         :question:         :question: 

Could someone post the link in this thread to the .dxf gem site where you can obtain different cuts of gems?

:+1: Thanks Juandel, Northstarr
  :large_orange_diamond: [3D Lapidary](http://www.3dlapidary.com/Home.htm)

And could some one post a good platinum material or a tutorial for good, reflective platinum/white gold?

EDIT: I have just emerged from my ZAlchemy laboratory, where I have just turned lead into platinum, or platinum into gold… or actually leather into gold! This is my leather material, with a few modifications:

[img]http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/zbc_uploads/user_image-1043042613jmq.jpg[/img]    

[Gallery Entry]

The leather texture, at the right scale and in AA Half mode, gives the material the look of metal with a fine patina of scratches by breaking up the smooth specular highlights and reflections. Give the object a base color of yellowish-orange (255,157,0 in the picture) for gold, and pure white for platinum. Of course, you can decrease ColorBump for smooth metal. Texture 01 was used for the reflection, and if a more or less saturated texture is used, you’ll probably want to adjust reflection down or up. You could also obtain a good HDRI-type picture, and use Environmental Reflection in the material with the texture selected in RENDER:ENVIRONMENT. Below are examples of Environmental Reflection. The more your reflection texture looks like the actual material of the metal, the better the result:

[Gallery Entry]

The texture I used on the gold rings was not ideal, but the top right platinum was, therefore the results are better.

In the interests of improving the future creations of our ZJewelers, I will give away gold and platinum to anyone who wants some. (I can make more in my laboratory any time I want. :slight_smile: )

jlmPlatinum.zip

:slight_smile: very cool rock mr.Braun, cool stuff everyone :+1: :+1:

ok first time I have an entry for a monday night challenge :slight_smile:
Some beautiful peaces have been posted :+1: :+1: :+1:
[GalleryEntry]

forgot the tag :slight_smile:

supercool designs everyone and a true mine, Pilou :slight_smile:

Jay, did you think about the 3dlapidary? just found it the googleway and thought that would match :slight_smile:

• juandel

These are all great images everyone!
job well done!

I hope I get some free time to make something…I barely have enought time to write this post…

:frowning:

Hi Jay:
I just posted a great link on my second last postPrincess

I think only 4 people saw it but this is the link is on this page. May be the same one 3D Lapidary?? Anyhow :slight_smile:

Very nice images all around.
I thought I would stay out of this one, but then decided I would do a quickie. This is a matt finished gold pendant, with a carbachon emerald gypsy set in gold.
I hope to do a few more before Monday but thought I would get this one in early.
DeeVee.

[Gallery Entry]

I said this was one of my favorite topics, so I have another little entry here. This is a Heart Pin, with diamonds of course.

[GalleryEntry]

I am having a ball with this!! And I am also enjoying looking at everyone elses contributions as well. They are all so unique!

Some beautiful pieces here. I’m afraid I got carried away making rings so here is a piece of impractical jewelery unless you can tell me how to put it on.

[Galleryentry]

ok my work is here… :slight_smile:

heres my entry
[galleryentry]

Great images and designs everybody, here’s mine:

[GalleryEntry]