Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Drawing on ( quick sketches )

I am just gathering what sculptris to zbrush sketches I have done together into 1 thread. Having Sculptris and Z4 as new outlets for my imagination rocks. This one was inspired by Lotet. I wanted a mechanical/organic look. I like it on some levels but will go back and try something else. Overall fail but still fun to do. The clothes were mainly done with move ring and movethin brushes.
    MechanicShot01.jpg
    simple.jpg
    Last edited by Tartan; 08-25-10 at 02:11 AM.
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

Default Bebop Inc

This is the first Sculptris to Z I did. I didnt have to worry about fingers and remesh tool on this one.
    BopShot00.jpg
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

Default Referee

Another failed idea but still fun to do. Its posted elsewhere on the forum in a more vociferous form It was supposed to be an attempt at making an alien referee for Bop. Looks too damn happy to me
    RefereeShot00.jpg

Default Vito Dreams

Of large Pizzas in the sky
    Noname2.jpg

Refined his face further. I dont want to get too realistic. And bringing his body out. He sure is heavy. He has been been eating too much pizza.
    Vitobody00.jpg
    Last edited by Tartan; 08-25-10 at 09:38 AM.

Member Follow User Gallery

Default win

This is so inspiring. I'm n00bish to Zbrush, and have yet to try bringing my model over from Sculptris. I suspect monstrous potential.

Huge thanks for sharing, and I really am loving every bit of character you cram into these sculpts. Kudos.

Thx Feeb

This last one hasnt seen Z yet but I am sure he will eventually. I want to do his body first in Sculptris and fini him here but in Z I will be adding clothes etc. I read a comment in another thread that said the combination of Sculptris and Zbrush working together was gamebreaking. And it is. I much much prefer to do my shapes in Sculptris rather than Z. I never really lked Z spheres although I can use them fairly handily. I have been playing so much with Sculptris I havent had time to explore Z4 as well as I should. I will get to Shadowboxing one day

It's a solid start, I think you could tweak the lips just a little bit

Default Satyr

Thx T,

Vito originally started out as a cartoonish type figure and I over emphasized his lips. After I refined his head he started to look more real so I may change my thinking on him and go back and tweak them.

Now this guys lips dont look too sporty to me either but they are better than Vitos lol. I am finding it really hard staying on one thing in this program. It's so easy to pop from idea to idea.

Hmm lessee I have a centaur to finish, a Vito to finish and a satyr to make a body for. I need to stop there lol

Satyr.jpg

I wish I had more time for sculpting but I get to go to the doctor! Yippee! I think I would rather chew glass I am going to keep some of the comic proportions but I went back and redid his lips. I am beginning to hate lips lol
    changedvito.jpg
    Last edited by Tartan; 08-26-10 at 07:11 AM.

I really enjoy looking at your work, Tartan. I particularly like the mechanical/organic style; it has a precision to it, as if it's machine-made. My favourite piece so far is the satyr. I wonder how big a challenge it would be to give the horns a spiral twist (if that makes sense. No it doesn't, Dreamz. It's tautological...I like that word. ) along their length. And it looks to me like your lip sculpts are improving rapidly. Nice work.

Hi Tartan this is a very inspirational start for me because when Pixologic released thei gift for us, really i was disappointed or confused thinking in the role or the space that this app will take...now you are opening my eyes special is the things that ZB dont do(for me incredible!) or are more easy in this app.
    So keep posting and help meto open my eyes BTW always admire your design and aproach!
    cheers

Thanks Mario! Sculptris has really beome a very important part of my tool box. Its so fluid and dynamic. I am waiting for Bas and you to play with it. I want to see if you both like it as much as I do. Sooo POST! POST! POST

Hey Tom, nice start!
    Aaaaaarghhh, no Mac version

Hi Tartan..
    I'm keeping an eye on your thread in here ...I like what I'm seeing...Nice looking centaur.. ..Like the way you added the body as a balloon.
    This sculptris program really is a trip isn't it.. Seems so easy and is a relief after fighting with those stupid meshes in ZBRUSH for so long, at least for me anyway.
    Anyway...Have a Great One.and Happy Sculpting.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast