ZBrushCentral

AGALYCHNIS CALLIDRYAS (yep.. a frog)

Well, no blood, scars, zombie ooze on this one. A humble red-eyed tree frog made from ZSpheres.

Click to view the gallery

W W W . S O U T H E R N G F X . C O . U K

awesome change of pace glen… that frog is awesomely done.

Speechless!
I salute you and can only hope that some day I’ll get to a stage where…speechless.
(M willing 2 fly over 4 some private lessons)
Fets :+1: :slight_smile: :+1: :wink: :+1: :slight_smile: :+1: :wink:

Beautiful work. That’s the level of realism I always tried for in my wildlife art.

looks really really good , glenn.
Any tips on how to achieve that amount of realism ?

great texture too , painted on directly or texturemaster ?

Hoppin’ Awesome!

I almost expected it to turn and look at me.

Would love to see the zif construct for this one.

mr

A fantastic change of pace for you bud! And wonderfully done. So how long have you worked for National Geographic? :smiley: :smiley:

very kewl frog Glen. There is an another artist that I checked a book out on a while back, name escapes me, but on the cover of his book it had a little tree frog that he painted…thought it was a photo at first then I read of his techniques in acrylics. snicker…so I got off subject…anyways this little eyecatcher of yours reminded me of his work and that book. Splendidly colored also Glen. Very nice to see this suprise from you. :+1:

yes, but he looks like he could eat something–makes me want to go watch the Discovery channel right now–very cool

I have to admit, I thought “Ken B” when I saw the thumb! Excellent work on this atypical subject for you, Glen - I’d like to see more in this style. :+1: :+1: :+1:

Makes for a welcome change of pace! Excellent modeling and texturing! The colour is refreshing and the depth of field adds to the realism. More please! :+1: :+1:

Frog is the cousin of the lizzard who is the cousin of the dragon :slight_smile:
The horror is hatching :slight_smile:
Pilou

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Well, no blood, scars, zombie ooze on this one. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It’s not an Undead frog?? Well, it’s at least poison, right?

:wink:

Have you posted this to CGTalk? :slight_smile:

Super- :+1:

Yet another level to aspire to!!! In my dreams! :eek: Haven’t even figured out round one in this program. :confused:
Awesomely realistic render!!!

fantastic and inspiring work. Any plans for water droplets in the piece?

Boozie: What a cool idea. Ill add some drops to it for effect.

G

A change is as good as a rest they say. I’m still wondering who “they” are :wink:
Fantastic work Glen.

Fantastic image, looks like it could jump off the page.
Very nice indeed.
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :slight_smile:

Hi !
It seems that little frog has inspired a lot of CG graphists !
Mine was made a few weeks ago and I feel ashamed :o when it compares to yours but it was my first serious try with Zbrush and it was rather a sketch for a toon character than a realistic work (the environment was added later for fun).

If I could just add a little critic to your frog (I should not as I even made mistake with the number of fingers of mine :smiley: ) I would have used a less “wart” texture with a more shiny skin and perhaps if the render allows it a few reflexions and some shader tweaking to simulate translucent aspect (all the things I was too lazy to try myself :rolleyes: ).

CALLING ALL CG HERPETOLOGISTS!!!

Please post your frogs here as soon as you are able. Toads are welcomed too!!

Haha…Cool image Brovic. I didn’t copy you, honest :)Lets see how many Froggies we can cram into one thread. I want to do more of the little beggers and I may be able to get the anatomy right next time lol.

Glen