ZBrushCentral

steventaylor:sketchbook (artistic nudity)

hello all, I am going to start a sketchbook thread. I can’t believe the great work featured here, it’s intimidating to be sure.
I have been using zbrush for some time now and have used it for sketching, conceptualizing making tools for printing and creating characters.
Please feel free and welcome to critique my work and offer comments.
I feel like within this community I am in good hands. :slight_smile:

starting with some of the older works..I have used zbrush to previsualize large statues, which has been a huge asset 
This project was made to complete my BFA in sculpture
zbrush was used to concept the piece

[![promethe1.jpg|960x720](upload://AnLqezLiXX3dEu6dGEEbtgt29QN.jpeg)]![DrDoomBust2.jpg|1054x900](upload://9gRkTmXaqwbML3Vn5NDtXgXicIw.jpeg)

after looking over this work I am low on female pieces..so that'll be the next stuff I add

Thanks everyone for sharing over the years!
Best
Steve

Attachments

promethe2.jpg

100_1353.JPG

LifeMonRender3.jpg

LifeMonRender.jpg

100_2414.JPG

100_2450.JPG

lyleFace.jpg

rickFace.jpg

DurursDevil.jpg

childFace.jpg

scientistGreen copy.jpg

oldMan2 copy.jpg

ThingLowMeshRockyprogress.jpg

spawnSheetAlpha.jpg

spawnBeaut.jpg

envirSamp1.jpg

envirSamp5.jpg

SolidSnake.jpg

aramakiGS.jpg

aramakiGS1.jpg

DrDoomBust.jpg

100_1355.JPG

Great start to your sketchbook :+1:
Love that baby in the hands concept and piece…excellent on both counts…:+1:
Looking forward to seeing more of your inspired and inspiring works.:+1:

SpiritDreamer: thanks for the love YO

Starting to just jam with zbrush this weekend! really loving the BPR

Here is a sketch from a pic I found on FFFound
[suicudeBlondSculpt2.jpg]suicudeBlondSculpt.jpg

Working from an old sci fi cover I sketched this female figure…
[diverFem2.jpg]diverFem.jpg

This thread is filled with awesome art, thanks for sharing, and keep’em’coming.

Giantsun: Thanks for the compliment…i’ll keep posting for sure
here is an older ztool, that now is getting reworked thanks to the clay buildup!!!

[animalsWIP.jpg]animalsWIP2.jpg

Love Bayre so I wanted to start to work my zbrush pieces into a more dynamic expression

Love the dynamism . a reminder that emotions are evoked by forms rather than details.

Really nice work here.

precarious: I agree totally- if you haven’t take a look at A.L.Bayre’s work any good Museum bookstore will have a hardcover collected works…
[BayreRef.jpg]

fluxist8070: many thanks

[animalsWIP3.jpg]animalsWIP5.jpg

continuing work on this piece…just giving me all sorts of inspiration for more animal based sculpts

Attachments

animalsWIP4.jpg

Nice feel on the buffalo/wolves piece, keep it up!

Cezar Souza: thanks Man I sure will…love working on these types of pieces…

some more female figure updates…a base mesh that I am working on posing to a heroine…

[femaleSculptHero1.jpg]femaleSculptHero3.jpg

Attachments

femaleSculptHero2.jpg

This piece is shaping up nice as well. I like the dynamic pose.

I think her hands may be a bit small and something isn’t quite right on her left leg, it feels like the bone is bending maybe.

I like it a lot though. I love the bison as well the clay buildup works wonders for making these feel realistic.

holto: thanks for the note and crit…i think your right the hands feel small, and the carrying angle of the legs still needs work to be sure…thanks for the second set of eyes…
yea I love using that brush and HPolish

nic work…

basantjoshi: thanks yo!

[jeanGreyWip.jpg]janHeroShot1.jpg

I found a great form inside the decimation master of a tool. I think the lines are so cool. what an awesome tool decimation master

[BowerBirdStepDec.jpg[/ATT]%3C/font%3E"]BowerBirdStepDec.jpg](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=215209)

[jeanGreyComp%20copy.jpg[/ATT]%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%3Cbr%20/%3E%0Atrying%20to%20get%20this%20sculpt%20better%20polished%20did%20a%20gang%20of%20render%20passes%20to%20comp%20this%20image%20together%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%3C/font%3E"]jeanGreyComp copy.jpg
](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=215482)
keep plugging on the Jean Grey, made adjustments to the pose, made tweaks on the hair, and overall proportion refinement. made a gang of renderpasses to comp this together, i like some of the stuff happening

still making tweaks on Jean Grey and working on that classic icon of Hulk-v-Wolverine

comment crits needed on both…what do I do with the base on the Hulk piece? any thoughts? I wanted to keep it in the Rockies but??? exploded tree? some debris>
let me know if you catch any inspiration
first the redaction on Jean Grey …changed pose a bit, added more hairs flowing around…
[jeanGreyTurnTable.jpg[/ATT]%3C/font%3E"]jeanGreyTurnTable.jpg](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=218712)

Attachments

jeanGreyWipMedShot2.jpg

jeanGreyWipLargeFormat.jpg

jeanGreyWipLargeFormat3.jpg

jeanGreyWipLargeFormat2.jpg

wolverine1.jpg

wolvieVhulk2.jpg

wolvieVhulk.jpg

wolvieVhulkMultiView.jpg

AO renders based on the flat shader and BPR
[jeanGreyAO.jpg[/ATT]%3C/font%3E"]jeanGreyAO.jpg](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=219095)

Attachments

wolvieVhulkAO2.jpg

wolvieVhulkAO3.jpg

wolvieVhulkAO.jpg