ZBrushCentral

zbrush comic

Hi,
I m doing a comic book only with zbrush and photoshop.
Here is some stuff. I m still trying to find the best render method, so it is still WIP.
I ll share more stuff as I progress.

Oli.

http://logan117.cgsociety.org/gallery/912211/zb-small.jpgRENDER copy02.jpg02.jpghero frontale copy.jpg01.jpg033.jpg004.jpg

9 Likes

I think I´d buy this comic… great art.!!

Great!! I love your comics render, I 'm really intersested by your method :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

thanx to both of you,
I ll see if I have time to do a display of the render passes.

Awesome job/style man !

wow luxo this is really great work my friend :slight_smile: i really like the comic threatment on the models, and the moels are really good ill be following this cant wait to see your passes :slight_smile: top notch

Nice style, I would be interested in seeing the render passes, as well.

Wow, those are great! It’s amazing that those images from the comic started with a 3D model.

First time I call Top Row for something.
Fantastic use of Zbrush,character details and presence is STRONG!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
So…Top Row really.:slight_smile:

(Its All Zbrush??So every pieces are either extractions,tweaked primitives or appended retopo works?)

Here are the passes.
I add some lines on the face in photoshop with my pen. And that’s it.

![056.jpg|1100x406](upload://qxiJOZOpy7a92i2RAIqqdBYxw1t.jpeg)

Attachments

056.jpg

oh man yeah this definitly looks good for a comic book! I want it!:slight_smile:

great stuff :+1:

thanx Christian
For the different parts I actually used a base in Maya. Then I added some details in zbrush. I m just faster that way.
I m sorry I said everything is done in zbrsuh but I meant in terms of render passes and scultping.
Sorry, I wasn t clear.

This is great! Love the chararcter and the flat shaded look ! :+1: :+1: :+1:

CRAZY SICK CHARACTERS !!! im loving your detaling. your stuff looks original and very cool. i know its the all being soldier that you see every were but yours have a original look to them and have a high standard… nice to see :+1:
id love to see the finished comic book…nice

here are the matcaps i usedcomic.zip (207 KB)

wow great characters man:) :+1: :+1: :+1:

amazing work dude. I’m doing a comic with zbrush, max and photoshop and its great to see somone elses approach to the same subject. thanks for shairing and i’ll post some of my work when its ready:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Awesome! 5star characters and supercool postwork to get the comic effect -> thanks for sharing the MO breakdown -> :sunglasses: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: !

top notch work…like your style… :+1: :+1: