ZBrushCentral

Hair in ZB4

what i did for this test…
1 Hair is just a triangular base piramide with about 20 sections. I can choose the width with inflate and smooth. for very fine hair just smooth them. the hair texture uv lets you mask from alpha so you can chose hairs bases or top…
I made a lock and posed it with zsphere righ… you can comb it and twist it very easy… i also made a whole posable wig …you can combine the different poses with layers of course and duplicate subtool to make it more dense.
for this i used just 1 wig subtool and about 100.000 polis but the bpr is soooo fast even with 1 million polygons wig… previe.jpg

I uploaded the Zproject here in case you are curious
http://rapidshare.com/files/414097092/pelosZ5.zip

ehh wow! i haven’t even tested the hair feature yet. how does this work ? enlighten us.

thank’s to share :smiley:

Brilliant! Been trying this method out today and it’s working great!

WOW! Brilliant idea, thanks for sharing the project…this is an amazing thing you’ve unlocked.

Look what happens when you apply the new Fibers material and BPR Fibers…

[zbrushfibers.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘211104’,‘zbrushfibers.jpg’,1,0))

Going to be very fun playing around with all this, thanks again :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Wow very nice! jeje I m still playing with hair… I m just using meshinsert with some locks of diferent shapes and then i use move elastic and topoelastic to comb and push the hairs where i want them… masking the base or top of the hairs … peluquita.jpg

Oh excuse me, I dont understand what you did and how to applied it!
Can you show more images or a more detailed explanation?
thanks in advance

One more image for your thread:

[cowboyhair.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘211118’,‘cowboyhair.jpg’,1,0))

The hair took less than 10 minutes with your setup, thanks again man!

Thanks for posting your work here… I´d like to know what people is doing to create and render hair inside Zb4…

Hola Andrés eloy… Ill try to explain it in english.
1- I created a hair from the cilinder in zbrush with about 15 segments.
then I made a lock of hairs and rigged it with zsphere. 1.jpg

Attachments

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

cool idea! zbrush Hair primitives like mray Hair primitives!

Thanks very much,very kind from you!
ps:el alzheimer me esta comiendo!:D,estoy tratando de reproducir las etapas…
esta es la primera?
First step.jpg

Hey. Andrés… yes thats pretty much the first step but I reduce de cilinder Hdivide:3 and Vdivide:15 – make it lower for short hairs or longer for longer hairs… i also used the 3dspiral for curly hair…
Its really very fast to do but this is the one I made and a couple of posed locks ready for meshinsert if you want you can dowload it… or make your own…

http://rapidshare.com/files/414261574/share.zip

Thanks dargelos very kind:+1:
Is there any special reason to use meshinsert?
thanks in advance

Not really. just because i want to add many hairs and adding one by one as subtools would be tedious… but I´m sure there are better and faster ways… I m just lazy and always choose the easiest way.

Thanks Yiannis. Your betatester thread for render passes in ZB4 and mr nose are really wonderfull and a great help. Looking forward to see more or your amazing renders.If you have the time… Could you post any render of your work with hair in ZB4 here on in your thread?

thanks for sharing this VERY cool technique (and the files)! :sunglasses: :+1:

No, you are right is not a lazy issue! is a veryeasy and fast way (probably in the moment i ask about meshInsert brush was thinking as a pain but not!!).
I reviewed the MeshInsert Grotesque Tutorial and you are right!:+1:
here is the link
http://www.pixologic.com/docs/index.php/Tutorial:MeshInsert_-_The_Grotesque

wow… seems cool… you should make a video tutorial on youtube.

thanks dargelos, for your kind words. When I do my next character I’ll try incorporate this idea. If I’m happy with the result and use it, I’ll mention your technique, and inform you and may post it also hear.
Extra Dimensional’s use has also a lot of potential, for foliage and maybe other uses.

thanks