ZBrushCentral

Goodnight Sleepfight!

[attach=210553]banner.jpg[/attach]

Decided to start another sketchbook. I want to include alot more process in this thread…and maybe use my other sketchbook for morning warm-ups and such. I’m working on a couple things now and I thought it might be cool to include some insight to some of the models and explore very detailed subjects.

Attachments

banner.jpg

Kicking things off with “Boss Battle”. An awesome comp over at CgSculpt that alot of people over here at Zbc are already tearing up. The idea is to build the biggest-baddest ass guy u can…Pretty clear cut.

I’m calling this guy "The End’. I’ve got him roughly blocked so that I can start really sculpting. I’d consider him more of an unfinished basemesh for now. Worked him up from zspheres so far…More to come…

Looks like a good start but the legs are waaaaaay too long. If you want him to be that tall i’d play around with the ratio between the leg joints. I think he’d be more aggressive with shorter, more muscular legs.

lucaswschmidt- Thanks…I was thinking of making the legs shorter last night/this morning. In [The End], I decided to keep these proportions though (I’m pretty sure I’ll move the knee up a bit though). There is nothing in there
to show scale, but this guy is about 50 stories tall and I wanted to really show some contrast by going for the long femur. Shorter legs would probably add a more aggressive stance to him but I wanna look at a more omniscient feel…

I’d definitely say move the knee up. How it is now he’d have a very very strange gait.

lucaswschmidt- Yeah I suppose his gait would be rather strange if I don’t move it up some…I’ll work it up.

Wasn't really sure where I was going with the head but here is where I ended up. Just pushing and pulling until something catches me. Hadn't really put to much time into him cause this guy still has to be posed and sculpted out. I'll probably try to sculpt out the rest of the body to this lod. Then I can pose and work in some nice details. I used the clay build up brush mostly and just a little of the pinch brush ( I know there are some guys who hate using pinch because of what it does to topo....I don't mind because I always retopo anyway)

WOW!!!…no words man your work is pure AWESOMENESS :+1:

very sharp and defined, your last model…is this a Z4 screen grab?

Fantastic shapes man!
Especially the mouth area is freaking awesome, love those tusks!

Love it can’t wait to see more! :+1:

sleepy dragon- [Awesome name btw] Thanks…glad u like the sculpt so far.

-Storm- Thanks…I had to work in some nice shapes after I saw you tearing the threads up with those characters…Love the space rhino!

moonlitmaverick- Thanks…If you are talking about the basemesh model, yeah it’s just a Zb4 screen grab.

nassosa-Thanks…can’t wait to post more!

I might play with this bust some more over the weekend…I’ll probably spend most of the time working on the body so I can finish the sculpt on time…but I haven’t done a fully textured bust in a while so I’ll try and paint it up just to get some ideas…

This is a great model indeed, however I do agree with Lucas when he says the knee is too low, I know you want to express the idea of a towering gargantuan beast but, with a femur that long just doesnt work for your design, makes him looks unstable

Physically speaking, that femur would have to have a way larger diameter to be able to support that length.

I think the best way to convey that idea is to use some prop on him or another model in his base (assuming you are making one), that shows its true scale, ex: a church tower on his hand, a necklace of dead corpses, buildings remains little at his feet, im just spitballign here :smiley:

You have a great model there and face is looking very good, congratulations my friend :slight_smile:

I was taking a break from working on my Boss Battle entry the other day and started watching Venture Bros. It’s a show that comes on Adult Swim and I was noticing the sharp angles on their villain Monarch. Really gave him a distinctive look and I thought I 'd give him a go in Z.I’m about to start a series of characters with this “toon” type of feel so I thought this guy would provide a good benchmark for proportions and angles. Think I’ll paint this one up and render later…Alright…back to Boss Battle.:smiley:

I don’t know venture bros, but this character is super cool! really great sculpt.
And I can’t wait to see the other characters you were planning :wink:

I really like that style. It is quite expressive. I am looking forward to see the next ones.

Really Good. Can’t wait to see the final result.

love the monarch sculpt.

Storm-Thanks, glad u like him.

Beneto- Thanks.

sleephead-Thanks.

GX@W- Thanks.

I actually took some time out to read a little of Monarchs background…It’s a little wacky but what I did find interesting is that he lived with Monarch butterflies for a couple years after his parents death.I couldn’t really find anything vicious about these butterflies that I could use in design to make him more sinister but then I noticed to two bulb like protrusions on his head.In all the ref material I looked at they just appeared to be decorative but I though it could be cool to explore them if they did serve purpose. I know the Venture Bros isn’t meant to be taken serious but I LOVE VILLAINS. So with that being said, I added the 5250 series amplifier to him. It allows Monarch to dial in and harness the power from the energy given off when the butterfly is in flight. Seems harmless but I imagine if you were drawing energy from 4 or 5 billion of them things could get interesting.

As for the build…I used shadowbox for some…and a little Maya for the honeycomb filter…Whatever gets the job done. More to come…and more Boss Battle.

so perfect

100% Legit