Senior Member User Gallery

Default Fil, Thanks for words of encoragement

Now about Kuwait:
    I have been here for almost 3 yrs. Longer than expected, do to many factors.
    Naturally, I tried to find out about the art scene while I was here.

Kuwait has it's own beauty, while not as flashy as Dubai (about an hour flight away). It is full of people with a multi-faceted identity. There is a strong family culture here, and a lot of business is done through Diwanias (Sort of like a gathering where Kuwaities "and certian invited guest" talk about anything you can imagine, there is a class factor here as well)
    Being such a small country (Lot's of land, but the occupied areas are small, as well as one of the larger US Military bases here).

There's is a heavy Western Influence here, as the wealthy Kuwaities tend to travel yearly. If your into Malls, there are some beautiful malls here. Alcohol and pork are illegal. You can see Kuwaities, Saudies, Ormanies, and others wearing traditional attire (Dishdashas/ thobes and Egals for the head), the more modest women where the tradional Jilbab, and the Hijab, and sometimes the nikab (Which covers the face).

You can also see a lot of the people wearing euro influenced fashions.
    This country is an oil rich country, so you can see the shared wealth, lot of the Kuwaities drives cars that I may never be able afford and live in emaculate homes that are build to house most of the family, from Grandfather to son and wife, to Grandchild all within the same complex; usually deceptive on the outside.

A lot of Americans come here and stay amongst themselves, but I have never been a typical American, and I have befriended and mindled with many of the natives and expats here. That has both benefits and negatives, but when the smoke clears, I would say experiencing the culture as it is is the best ultimately.

The Kuwaities are the Minority here as Expats make up most of the oppulation, but the Kuwaities are in control and are a tight nit people.

Currently 3d art is still something that is new here, they are now focused on graphic type works, heavily influenced by modern culture. There is a lot of dependency on templates, cut and paste mechanics, and cheap labor, which sometimes reflect in the final outcome of the art.
    Egypt, and Syria seem to have a strong developing 3D culture, while Dubai is strong in Architectual Visualization field. I have met A lot of the talent from individuals from these countries. I coin the non original phrase on saying that "Kuwaities are consumers, not producers", of course there is always exceptions to this rule.

I have met Many people here, Syrians, Egyptians, Ormanies, Kuwaities, Lebanese, Morocans, Europeans, Americans,... I can't name them all. I am realitively opened minded so I watch and learn.

I don't want to ramble, I will post a few pictures once I find them.
    They are still using DSL which kills me.

Thanks for this post, it's fascinating to read. You certainly take in a lot of what you observe. More power to you. Great Scultris work too.

Hey Inky,

I didnt see your latest, I am loving the anotomy you have done on your dragon horse so far. I have been doing a lot of study on it lately doing small sketches and I can tell how well it is done. The head is coming in nicely also. Very stylized and for some reason reminds me of Hittite.

On Kuwait, its good to open yourself to different cultures. It helps makes sense of a chaotic world
    Last edited by Tartan; 08-24-10 at 01:50 PM.
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

Thanks for the insider experience, Inky. That was a very interesting little read.

Default Not really too sure where I am going with this

It's been a long time.
    But I have been working on stuff that I will post soon. this is just the first thing I did with the new Scultpris.

Will more likely use it as a base mesh after I finish this Music video project I m working on. Base Head.jpg

Default It's been a while

Here are a few things I have been messing with over the pass year and a half with the big muscular Alien guy being most the recent one. I have a fear for rendering, since it's something I never really had to do before. But I am planning on taking a couple of these to full render posed and all.
    The Wood Elf thing will be totally redone, my sketch looks better than the outcome here.
    The devilish character looks like the sketch I did except for the horns he will have all over his body (hence the name Horny). The Spadebuck was something i did in the Zbrush 3 times. (there are a series of animals that I will post up as they are created), Not happy with it right now, but I'll push it forward.
    The Big and slim kid... was an attempt at something that did not pan out.
    The Axolotl Man is for my ex and it's almost re topped - I needed to get my computer of of the stone age and get more Ram and a vetter Graphics card.
    The big character; I am currently trying to figure out the armor design that will cover most of the entire body (without the helmet)... So why did I do the body? ... good question.
    Noble (the demon character) Something I had planned to do for a long time, there was a base head that was posted here, by one of the talented guys from Sony Santa Monica. I use that head to create that bust and well as a female antagonist.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SlimKidOld.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	391.0 KB 
ID:	299264   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Horny.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	239.3 KB 
ID:	299265   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NobleWIP.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	486.3 KB 
ID:	299266   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tree Elf V1.jpg 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	299267   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BodyHead1.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	246.0 KB 
ID:	299268  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BigKid.jpg 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	299269   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SpadeBuck.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	169.7 KB 
ID:	299270   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Axolotl Man.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	153.2 KB 
ID:	299263  
    Last edited by InkySpot; 03-16-12 at 01:17 PM.

Default This is the Female

I think at this point, it's time to redo the mesh/
    She started out from a bust, Even Dynamesh was introduce. I pulled a body out of there. I lost a lot of detail, but it's a base mesh so it's cool.
    Before that she looked that one of those Mass Effect chicks (I didn't realized how much that game had influenced me.. as it looked like a bad copy... but the reality is that I have had Sil (Giger- species) in mind when I was doing this.
    The Demonic looking Noble is actually good and this female like species are evil... or less compassionate would be a better word.

Name:	Angelist.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	161.0 KB 
ID:	299273  
    Last edited by InkySpot; 03-16-12 at 01:15 PM.

Default Here is one of many sketches I did

I left some of my frustration in it.

Name:	femalien.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	385.3 KB 
ID:	299274  

Default This is it for now

The Head of the creature before I attached it to the body (the body was Zsphered, the head was a dynamesh ball). I then upload the body as a subtool to the head, dropped it onto the body and dynameshed it and combined them together.
    Razor is a sculptris model, I attempted to play with the hair feature the new Zbrush. I will more likely go the normal way for the hair (when ever I get to him).

Thanks to everyone for any comments and suggestion you leave. Thank you guys for inspiring me (as well as intimidating me)... I am looking to post quite a few more works here very soon, and hopefully you guys will see my growth and the love i put into what I do. Thank you Pixologic. I am still learning zbush (Never stop right?), but I am having so much fun. Even mistakes become happy mistakes (ala Bob Ross).

Name:	RazorHairTest.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	220.8 KB 
ID:	299275   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GalHeadClose.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	291.0 KB 
ID:	299276  
    Last edited by InkySpot; 03-16-12 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InkySpot View Post
    Here are a few things I have been messing with over the pass year and a half with the big muscular Alien guy being most the recent one. I have a fear for rendering, since it's something I never really had to do before. But I am planning on taking a couple of these to full render posed and all.
    The Wood Elf thing will be totally redone, my sketch looks better than the outcome here.
    The devilish character looks like the sketch I did except for the horns he will have all over his body (hence the name Horny). The Spadebuck was something i did in the Zbrush 3 times. (there are a series of animals that I will post up as they are created), Not happy with it right now, but I'll push it forward.
    The Big and slim kid... was an attempt at something that did not pan out.
    The Axolotl Man is for my ex and it's almost re topped - I needed to get my computer of of the stone age and get more Ram and a vetter Graphics card.
    The big character; I am currently trying to figure out the armor design that will cover most of the entire body (without the helmet)... So why did I do the body? ... good question.
    Noble (the demon character) Something I had planned to do for a long time, there was a base head that was posted here, by one of the talented guys from Sony Santa Monica. I use that head to create that bust and well as a female antagonist.
    Great ideas - I like Horny the most - and what name.

Nice sculpts I really like the 2 big buff guys. The anatomy on both of them looks solid.

User Gallery

Nice looking sculpts I like the concept of that Dragon Horse thing, and the face of it looks pretty cool, ever get around to finishing that piece? would love to see the final product keep it up!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123