Senior Member Follow User Gallery

@Dreamz: My lady says the same thing, but she uses a worst word than "hollarin"
    I usually do all planning on traditional paper first, Scultris will help me draw up a base prototype of the Guitar. (These guys are a distraction, but a welcome one since I am learning things).
    @Fil: Your a little more advance than me, but I'll tell you my process.
    1- I sculpt it in Scuptris as far as I can take it, not worrying about too much detail.
    2- I'll then reduce the mesh so my computer don't freak out and export the file as an OBJ.
    3- I'll then import it into Topogun (32 bit), and retop the low mesh there. I will then export that from Topogun as a obj as well as the subdivision version to capture the hi-rez detail. (Possible eport a level 4 to 5 in Topogun)
    5- I will then import the quad low rez mesh in Zbrush 4, and then subvide that low rez (if it's 4 in Topogun then sub D 5 in Zbrush).
    6- I will then import the high rez sub D from topogun over the low mesh, it will tranfer the high rez detail there.
    7- If the low rez it too low, I will delete level 1.
    8- I will create the UV maps in Maya, and fix edgeloops if needed, and create all subtools (eyes, teeth, etc). If I can find that GoZ button in Maya
    9- Add more details and posing if needed.
    10- Export and Render in Maya or Photoshop.

I would not add too much geo in the fingers when remeshing in Topogun, I'll keep it simple. I'll do that in Maya.

Default Some More

SculpTrisDemon1.jpg
    Everyone has done one of these at one point (maybe), well this was my first attempt at Sculptris with one of my favorite Materials.
    AstroNuts.jpg
    This guy is going to be done in 2 parts. It will be a still peice so I modeled the expression (Roughly) in.

the last guy rocks! very nice surface quality and stylized anatomy. really hope you paint/detail him.

Default Thanks Fil

I do plan on texturing him, and so a full render.
    I will be working on his body in a few hours.

lovely character InkySpot !!
    keep going on it ...
    Out beyond the ideas of right-doing or wrong-doing there is a field,... I'll meet you there.
    Jelaluddin Rumi

Hey Inky,
    Great job on the alien (Dark,Brooding works) and I am liking the rocker plus what you did with the freehand sketch reference setup (that means sketch style as well)

On the import of Sculptris objects in Zbrush, I have taken a different approach and not as thorough as what you are doing and I havent been taking the unified mesh approach that Fil uses although today I think I will experiment with that a bit. What I do is go through the Sub Tool pallete, down to Remesh and set the resolution to 512 and hit remesh. Then I hit project all to get the detail on the mesh again. Usually 512 works very well. Sometimes there are artifacts that need to be smoothed but it homes in fine. I suppose on supercomplicated objects from Sculptris you could try 1024 or in between. After that I simply delete the original object making the subtool the primary tool. I will be taking the meshes I have been doing into Topogun eventually but for now I am having too much fun experimenting in Sculptris and Z4
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

Tartan, the 'Remesh' feature is actually the 'Unified Mesh' feature, only in the Sub-tools panel. The problem with using remesh is it doesn't work with fingers and tight area (arm pits for example). I'm having to retopo in 3DC these days to bring my models over (drag). oh well

@CaptainNemo: Thanks for the words of encouragement.
    @Tartan: I think I will try to impliment your method, it's less time consuming than mine, and it seems more efficient.
    I am also having fun with Scultris and Z4 (I feel like I am going through a learning curve again, but it's fun).

I added a hairline on the guy, I will post updates soon.

I think there is a lot of experimenting to be done Inky and I am not done with it. Looking forward to seeing your update Fil I havent played with Z in a long time. Dont give an old man a hard time hehe. I think there may be other ways around the problem.
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

Here is the retop head, not the best topology, but I should work better for Zbrush 4. I will work on his body in Sculptris.AstroNutRetop.jpg

This was a base mesh I did for my brother (I tried to get him to use Sculptris also); I have decided to take the base and do my version of a hybrid dragon and horse. (I wasn't sure where I was going with it till the sketch). When I am done I will give the mesh to him.
    HorsyBase.jpg

The sketch . I used a Clydesdale horse as reference, there are also Crocodile images, batwings (if I do wings), and various art of dragons (all nabbed from google).
    DragHorseSketch.jpg
    Last edited by InkySpot; 08-20-10 at 12:20 PM.

that is a bad ass horse nice work on his anatomy, really want to see him with a head.

Default Thanks Fil

I'll do a basic head first, then I'll modify that to look more like the sketch and the various reference I am using. (I tend to safe at various levels since I was thinking of using the body for something else).

Default Feel a bit Ill Recently

So not much Progress here, (although I tend to be doing several things at once).
    Here's an update the head of the horse. I almost felt like veering away from the concept, but I'll deal with it like a job. (Except for wings, I do too much winged stuff).HorseHeadWIPSD3QTR.jpg

More to come.

Thank you nerdiesid, Thanks for saying that, all the motivation helps.

awesome man, just awesome. really can't wait till this guy's put together fully. Your sculpting's always so clean, and this concept is just cool. My favorite of your stuff so far.

btw, it's cool to see you live in Kuwait. What's that like (in comparison to places like the US)?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast