ZBrushCentral

Patrick Wards Work Dump (nudity)

Well, the level of talent on here has always put me off posting anything but during some downtime I came across some old sketches and WIPS I’d done a while back. Since I’m not allowed to post any new work I thought I’d throw the old stuff up here. I rarely get a chance to use zbrush these days as I’m mostly compositing and texturing but I’m itching to jump back in.

I hope attaching images is the right thing to do?

Johnny Alpha- Strontium Dog. One of my favourite characters to come out of Starlord.

This was a test I did during some down time. It wasn’t finished as work came in but it served its purpose.

[[attach=209424]JA_strip.jpg[/attach]]JA_strip.jpg

These are just some 1 - 2 hour doodles. I take no credit for the concept work. Some of these are copied from photos, some from famous sculptures, others from conceptart.org. The only names I can remember are Cody Swanson and Bjorn Nettelbladt. If you see that I’ve copied your concept here please let me know so I can credit you.
With the exception of hair and eyes they all started life as the low res shown.

edit: also to be credited for concept … Aris Kolokantis … thanks Stellios.

[attach=209425]strip2.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

strip2.jpg

A couple of years ago I volunteered to help out on a short film project called the Villikon Chronicles. I did about 12 shots in all.

[attach=209426]strip3.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

strip3.jpg

This is some work we did on a Cocopops advert.

[[attach=209428]strip4.jpg[/attach]](javascript:zb_insimg(‘209428’,‘strip4.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

strip4.jpg

and Overlord.

[attach=209429]strip5.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

strip5.jpg

These are some WIPS I found from Overlord. I was still waiting for my Renderman license at the time, hence the watermarks.

strip6.jpg

And ***** from me. What else can I say,
Great work, art here.
Crucifixions are may favorite.

WOHOO! Beautiful stuff!
Overlord rocks! and the dude with the mowhawk is excellent i really like the way he is looking

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Thanks very much guys.

My mates just suggested I post these.

[attach=209448]JA_05.jpg[/attach]

These are some stills from the Villikon Chronicles. Rendered at HD 1080 on my one little PC at home.

[attach=209449]strip7.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

JA_05.jpg

strip7.jpg

one of the creature busts is from aris kolokantis

Loads of awesome stuff!!

Where in the UK is your company based?

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

Stellios … thanks for that … the post has been edited.

Dustbin1_UK … we’re in Sheffield. If you check the link in my sig there should be an address somewhere.

Great work, some very powerful pieces there.

My elder brother bought all of the early 2000AD comics so I remember Strontium Dog very well!

I like the Robbie Coltrane bust too… instantly recognisable.

curtmantle … thanks. Unbelievably my mum gave away all my pristine and intact copies of Starlord to a kid down the road so I recently had to reacquire them off ebay. It was such a cracking comic in its day and gave us the likes of Strontium Dogs and what later became the ABC Warriors. I was gutted at the time that it merged with 2000AD but I don’t imagine they could of continued on their own given the production quality.

After dabbling with Johnny Alpha I wanted to build Durham Red and get her ready for a game engine so I’ve just started this. All new territory for me as I’ve not made a game asset for many years and things have certainly moved on. We normally just make the high-res assets or a client supplies us with low-res game models to up-res. So I’m aiming to get this into U3 and I’m hoping some of you can give me pointers.

The plan is to model this up high, texturing it in zbrush with GUV's, use 3DCoat to retop and make the UV'd game mesh, use xnormal to create game textures then the U3 SDK to put it together. So far so good I think. But I can't get my head round the logistics of this. This is what I have so far. ![DR_wip_v003.jpg|1075x801](upload://7qpuGa8DUt0ltsaMMNRhcrj3B6X.jpeg) Now then this is very much WIP. The hair is placeholder and the stockings are a test, legs aren't done at all. It all needs much work etc.etc. But what would be the usual way to get all this into xnormal? I don't imagine I'll be able to combine all the subtools into one without some major memory issues. Do I need to do it in sections and then edit the textures together? I'd really appreciate some advice on the next stages. Thanks.

very good so far! My favs are the 1-2 hour human busts above, lot of character there and they seem very natural :+1:

There’s some mighty fine stuff there zog, love the Jonny Alpha, you’ll have to do a Gronk to go with him :slight_smile:

Thanks guys. Yeah I think doing an hour sculpt every morning can be a really good idea. Especially if you concentrate on areas you find particularly difficult.And the short time period stops it from being a chore and forces you to think on your feet.

And just so you know we’ve just completely redone our website and the movies are much more accessible.

Cheers,

Pat.

I’ve had precious little time to concentrate on this lately but thought I’d put this up. Design change to the corset/bodice thing. The original comic is pretty inconsistent so I’ve gone with this. Still a WIP.

[PWard_DurhamRed_corset_v001.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘211795’,‘PWard_DurhamRed_corset_v001.jpg’,1,0))

I could really do with some advice on the wrinkles in her leggings if anyone can help. I’ve overdone them at the moment with the intention of knocking those out that aren’t needed. I’d like a better balance between the wrinkles and smooth material. But I’m getting really confused with all the straps etc and how they’d be pulling and stretching it. I’ve not done the ankles so ignore them.

I’ve going for a thin leather material and there’ll also be stockings over the top of the leather, but below the straps. That’ll be done separately.

So its the interaction between all the straps that’s confusing me and I’m open to suggestions. Thanks.