New Member User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by SporkFuMaster View Post
    Snip
    Quote Originally Posted by justadeletedguy View Post
    Snip
    I assumed it couldn't but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Anyways...

Yeah, I already have like, 300 mats for sculptris now. I definitively notice the strain, it sounds like the inisde of my computer is gonna spin so fast it will rip the timespace fabric.

It's really different making mats for sculptirs than other programs: you can't just make a pattern then have it used as a texture, you have to view it as a color overlay on the "lense" of the camera that you are looking at the model with, as it doesn't change with rotation.

Member User Gallery

I've even heard of Sculptris Crashing from having too many Mats ..
    Oh yes, I can verify that this is correct.
    Last edited by RedSquare; 05-03-12 at 08:44 PM.

Senior Member User Gallery

Easy problem to fix, just seperate your materials into seperate folders, try to keep sets that would look good together. Then just rename which ever folder you need to "materials" in your install folder. Honestly though, if you're exporting, Sculptris mats are mostly worthless. You'll end up having to rebuild your materials in almost every other app, Including Zbrush.

New Member User Gallery

Default dont agry whith justdeleted

I dont agree whith you deleted, when i showed Sculptris to profesionals they were amazed about the real time rendering capabilities of sculptris, sure that are not the better; but is true that is not very usual to have that quality on real time. Is more i thnk that the use of sculptris as GLSL renderer are very underestimated in the forum...simply whith a very little changes as the capacity of have sets of materials in folders for each part of the object, and sets of materials and bacgrounds that fit together it could give a utility similar as KEYSHOT or other very expensive software have, and it would come more about this little changes on materials workflow than about improvement on uvmaping.

Default huh?

Sculptris is still one of my Fav's !! ... I just don't use it the way most do. I use Paint mode more that anything, When sculpting I usually keep a Quad mesh (that I started in Wings3d) and have to jump back and forth when I want to add a "Group-Loop". Lately I've been mostly just playing with this Daz Studio, but I've used sculptris to help make Morphs and Content for that ..... The Dynamic Tessellation in Sculptris is truly amazing, but it has to be rebuilt to work with most other softwares.

New Member User Gallery

Hi, as to the question as to how MaCrea will do on a Mac, I tried to run it using WineBottler and it did not work. I'm not an expert on Wine by any means, but when I tried to run MaCrea using it, the program would run, but the sphere in the preview window was missing. Just thought I'd let the developer know!

Default re

Macrea is a neat app, but it's a hit and miss. I could not use it (unlike Sculptris) on my older laptop. But you can make plenty good mats with any image editor, I use Paint.NET. Just a square image of a sphere 512x512 is fine, and let the edges of the sphere slightly overlap the edges. Draw a few different color circles inside, then use a Gaussian blur to mash them together. You can save in Jpg format to keep filesize down. Once you get the hang of it, you can use many of the other Paint.NET plugins for some way cool effects. Honestly, I find it easier to do it this way ....

New Member User Gallery

Looks like Paint.NET is also Windows only. :P But along those same lines, once I realized that all I needed to make a Sculptris material was a .jpg of a sphere, I just went from there and it IS really fun and easy.

Hya!

I used MaCrea in Windows 7 with no problems and I LOVED IT! Now (sadly) I have windows 8 and it won't work correctly, the window is malformed, the top of it is off the top of my monitor and its contents are all sort of scrambled.
    I have tried various compatibility modes but with no luck.
    Is there any way to fix this or is MaCrea just incompatible with windows 8?

Cheers!
    Mealea
    nope...
    I don't know what I'm doing but I'm doing it anyway.

Oh my god!
    I just found 0.15b and I think its working!

EDIT [10 SECONDS LATER]: YES! Its working! I love you! THANKS FOR THIS WONDERFUL THING!!!!!!!
    Last edited by MealeaYing; 04-29-13 at 11:03 AM.
    nope...

HAHA, Love you, too! You're very welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by taron View Post
    haha, love you, too! You're very welcome!
    grin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    nope...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789