ZBrushCentral

THE FINISHED ZBRUSH ZBORG

At last, it`s finished. It 2000x3600 in size with 4 layers. The final PSD ended up at around 25 meg.

and a small close up of a section…

In answer to questions…

1. I use a 21" monitor on my main (new) machine, and have a 17" sat next to it on the desk, both network to the other two PC`s in the house.

2. The final best render where I tweaked up the colour bump, some more noise etc. Increased the edge blur, sample, blur etc, turned on all the lights (I used every light slot in the program for this, 3 suns, 2 spots the rest glows) etc was about 30 minutes.

3. The document size was 2000 wide x 3600 high

4. At 100% (ie full size) on my 21" monitor I could see his feet and ankles.

5. I don`t know anything about basket ball and have never even played it or watched a game.

6. Nike approached me about the image and I told them to get stuffed as I already had someone interested :wink:

7. Dave. Be carefull with your Graphite Renderer they are expensive pieces of equipment :wink:

S

Lord O-Mighty! I wouldn’t like to play ball with that guy!
Amazing textures on that ball Southern!
How long has it taken you to finish this incredible picture? (have you been taking sickies off work?)
Fabulo!
:smiley:
Upham.
PS. I like the new opening splash page on
your site!

It`s taken about 2 and a bit weeks fromconcept art to this stage. The next stage??? Who knows??

S

SpaceJam on steroids, Southern!
Absolutely amazing work.

BTW, this now hangs on my son’s wall. :wink:

Is this the future of the NBA, extreme basketball, or did this guy just interrupt some kids playing ball in the neighborhood? :wink: Very nice Southern. :slight_smile:

Totally Incredible–that’s a magazine cover if ever I’ve seen one–send it around to all the 3D magazines Southern --It’s gotta sell…and yes, it’s finally a mate for the robot woman on the very first issue of Heavy Metal Mag. in the 70’s–best Robo

Wonderful job Southern. You truly have a gift

Damn! Nice work, Southern! :eek: Your best yet, and that’s saying a LOT! Friggin’ AWESOME!
Where IS that instant Graemlin for jealous??

Breathtaking. Heart-stopping. Awesome. Southern, you never fail to amaze, but this … words fail me.

The level of detail is astonishing. And I’m amused that he has a heart, too.

This is so beautiful, I have to bite my Graphite Renderer to keep from crying :wink:

dave

That guy can have all the lay ups he wants. I wouldn’t dream of guarding him. Excellent work Southern.

That is one helluva image Southern.

Truly magnificent! I’m interested in knowing what the document size is and approximately how long your final render took. Seeing stuff like this keeps me going. Thanks.

Southern,
Here’s my two cents worth.(tupence) Fabulosity, Tremendouscino, the close up of the textures shows how much work ya put in it.
Yeah cover material.!

Wow-I don’t know the least thing about basketball, but I’d say that he has certainly got that sport well under his control. At any rate, whether he be NBA material or not, that is a really awsome image.

Hey Southern.
Off topic question here, but what size is your monitor? Can you view the whole of the Zborg robot picture at 100% in Zbrush? Did you find any lag in the CPU performance with your new system?
I ask these questions as I’m about to buy a new system. I’d also be interested in anyone who uses a Mac and what Specs they use with ZBrush.

Upham.

In answer to questions…

1. I use a 21" monitor on my main (new) machine, and have a 17" sat next to it on the desk, both network to the other two PC`s in the house.

2. The final best render where I tweaked up the colour bump, some more noise etc. Increased the edge blur, sample, blur etc, turned on all the lights (I used every light slot in the program for this, 3 suns, 2 spots the rest glows) etc was about 30 minutes.

3. The document size was 2000 wide x 3600 high

4. At 100% (ie full size) on my 21" monitor I could see his feet and ankles.

5. I don`t know anything about basket ball and have never even played it or watched a game.

6. Nike approached me about the image and I told them to get stuffed as I already had someone interested :wink:

7. Dave. Be carefull with your Graphite Renderer they are expensive pieces of equipment :wink:

S

Glen,

Great work. It would make a great book cover, in fact I just read a book called ‘Pertido Street Station’ which people/beings called the ‘remade’. It would have made great cover for this particular book.

I can only hope to aspire to be as good as you some day Southern.

:bows with hands outstretched:

WE ARE NOT WORTHY!

Hi Southern,

Just to start, I love all the images you make. I visit your site all the time. I have viewed all the images you have posted there. Boy, you work all the time don’t ya? :slight_smile:

Well, another one nicely done. You should have this image printed as a poster so folks can see all the detail. Or, this should be sent to a game company for a basketball game cover. :wink:

Can’t wait to see more.

Hi Southern,

Just to start, I love all the images you make. I visit your site all the time. I have viewed all the images you have posted there. Boy, you work all the time don’t ya? :slight_smile:

Well, another one nicely done. You should have this image printed as a poster so folks can see all the detail. Or, this should be sent to a game company for a basketball game cover. :wink:

Can’t wait to see more.