In answer to questions.....
1. I use a 21" monitor on my main (new) machine, and have a 17" sat next to it on the desk, both network to the other two PC`s in the house.
2. The final `best render` where I tweaked up the `colour bump`, some more noise etc. Increased the edge blur, sample, blur etc, turned on all the lights (I used every light slot in the program for this, 3 suns, 2 spots the rest glows) etc was about 30 minutes.
3. The document size was 2000 wide x 3600 high
4. At 100% (ie full size) on my 21" monitor I could see his feet and ankles.
5. I don`t know anything about basket ball and have never even played it or watched a game.
6. Nike approached me about the image and I told them to get stuffed as I already had someone interested
7. Dave. Be carefull with your Graphite Renderer they are expensive pieces of equipment