This plugin is a simple PLY format importer/exporter. It currently only supports meshes but point clouds may possibly be added at a later date. Vertex color (polypaint) is supported.
1. Unzip the file to your Desktop.
2. Open any folder created by the unzipping and find the PLYformat_4R7.ZSC file and PLYformatData folder.
3. Copy the PLYformat_4R7.ZSC file and PLYformatData folder to the ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs folder for Windows or ZBrushOSX 4R7/ZStartup/ZPlugs for Mac. This installs the plugin for 32 bit ZBrush.
4. Also copy the PLYformat_4R7.ZSC file and PLYformatData folder to the ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs64 folder for Windows or ZBrushOSX 4R7/ZStartup/ZPlugs64 for Mac. This installs the plugin for 64bit ZBrush.
5. Restart ZBrush and you will find a new PLY format sub-palette in the Zplugin palette.
Press the Export button to export the selected subtool. Turn off the bin (binary) option to export as PLY ascii format. To export polypaint make sure colorize is on for the selected subtool.
Press the Import button to import a PLY file. If the file has vertex color it will be imported as polypaint.
great plugin but for me it only works on ZBrush 4R7 32bit after an initial error message during Zbrush bootup which tells me that there is a conflict with the FBX plugin. After hitting OK, Zbrush starts.
On Zbrush 64bit, I can't even get the software to start up.
after unistalling the plugin, I have no isues with zbrush startup either 32bit or 64bit.