ZAppLink is a free plug-in that extends and enhances ZBrush’s texturing and illustration capabilities by automating the connection with programs such as Photoshop, Painter, or Illustrator.
ZAppLink works with click-button ease and continues Pixologic’s commitment to providing innovative tools to support next generation artists forging the work of tomorrow.
Modeler and texture artist, Caroline Delen, says, “The ZAppLink is an excellent addition making it possible to project photographic reference or any painting directly onto your ZBrush viewport through Photoshop and has definitely become an important part of my workflow.”
Leigh van der Byl, Texture Artist at Cafe FX, says "ZAppLink is a fantastic feature that has helped to make my Photoshop/Zbrush texturing workflow more efficient and intuitive. It's a must-have tool. Pixologic is taking what is often an unintuitive, bothersome process and making it more accessible to artists who just want to get straight to the creative parts of texturing."
For a view of ZApp Link's abilities visit Caroline Delen's Artist in Action post here.
This plugin is compatible with ZBrush 4.
Please note that ZAppLink for ZBrush 4 is currently in open beta. Users who don't mind occasional issues or some disabled features may begin using the beta now. Any problems can be reported through a Support Ticket. Other users may wish to wait for the final release in the near future.
- Quit ZBrush
- Download the latest version of ZAppLink from the Download Center.
- Extract the zip file in a temporary folder.
- Copy the plugin's .ZSC file to your ZPlugs folder. With a default Mac installation this will be in /Applications/ZBrush 4 OSX/ZStartup/ZPlugs. With a default PC installation this will be C:\Program Files\Pixologic\ZBrush4\ZStartup\ZPlugs.
- Also copy the Data Folder and its contents to the ZPlugs folder.
- Launch ZBrush.
- Open the Document palette where you will find the Multi Map Exporter menu, containing the plugin buttons and sliders.
Frequently Ask Questions
Q: I don't see ZAppLink in the Document palette.
A: Check that you installed the plugin correctly.
© 2010 Pixologic, Inc. All rights reserved, Pixologic and the Pixologic logo, ZBrush, and the ZBrush logo are registered trademarks of Pixologic. Various patents pending. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.