With 3DPrint Exporter you will be able to export your favorite ZTool in STL and VRML file formats, opening you to the world of 3D Printing.
Who has never dreamed about having your virtual sculpting in "real" 3D, standing on your desk? Now it's possible for you to print your ZBrush models:
- Sculpt your art with ZBrush
- Optimize if needed your model with the Decimation Master plugin
- Export it with 3D Print Exporter
"The new decimation and STL exportation tools have filled the weakest link in my work flow from creation to fabrication. you could spend many thousands of dollars and not get a better decimator or translator."
- Export in STL, Binary and Ascii.
- Export in VRML.
- Size in Inches and millimeters.
- Export the current or all the SubTools.
T.S. Wittelsbach - House of Wittelsbach - Jeweller
"The 3D Print Exporter continues to save my life on a daily basis. The quality I'm able to get out of ZBrush as a usable file that my other programs can handle has made me a happy camper. You have just opened up a new world for me!."
Adam Ross - Idol Workshop
"Finally! - a direct export from ZBrush to print format! This tool will help decrease the time it takes to get a ZBrush sculpture ready for 3d print production, and open up the services of most 3D Printing Service Bureaus."
Bill Henderson - Creative Director - Offload Studios Inc.
"Going from the final design to rapid protoyping ready parts has been a timely production within itself... That has now been eliminated with Decimation Master and the 3D Printer Exporter plugin for ZBrush. The ability to go directly from ZBrush to a optimized scaled prototype part, eliminating any other software in between, is priceless. Once again Pixologic turns the technical to art."
Jason Lopes - Senior Systems Engineer - Legacy Effects
Model Courtesy of Adam Ross
Click to enlarge - Model Courtesy of Yann Bajard, Maq3D
Check out these threads related to 3D Printing!
This plugin is compatible with ZBrush 4.
- Quit ZBrush
- Download the latest version of 3D Print Exporter from the Download Center.
- Extract the zip file in a temporary folder.
- Copy the plugin's .ZSC file to your ZPlugs folder. With a default Mac installation this will be in /Applications/ZBrush 4 OSX/ZStartup/ZPlugs. With a default PC installation this will be C:\Program Files\Pixologic\ZBrush4\ZStartup\ZPlugs.
- Also copy the plugin's Data Folder and its contents to the ZPlugs folder.
- Launch ZBrush.
- Open the ZPlugin palette where you will find the 3D Print Exporter menu, containing the plugin buttons and sliders.
Frequently Ask Questions
Q: I don't see 3D Print Exporter in the ZPlugin palette.
A: Check that you installed the plugin correctly.
© 2010 Pixologic, Inc. All rights reserved, Pixologic and the Pixologic logo, ZBrush, and the ZBrush logo are registered trademarks of Pixologic. Various patents pending. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.