Works fine for me. What problem are you having?
Originally Posted by Hardtwist
Thanks for the reply Marcus. It has been so long since I have used ZB. I have forgoten so much. Glad to see you are still here.
Anyway I am now able to use it.Thanks
Paint Stop 4,08 Doesn't Work with ZB 4.R3 on Mac
I have a Mac Pro 64 bit - OS 10,6x
"unable to open file …/4R3/ZStartup/Zplugs/PaintStop_4_08Mac"
"Zcript skipped fue to error in its content : PaintStop_4_08Mac"
Is there any new version in the boxes ?
For a small number of users on Mac OSX the upgrade seems to result in a corrupt plugin file. Could you please try re-installing just PaintStop after downloading the 4R2 version from the Download Center? This should solve the problem:
1. Locate and delete the PaintStop_4_08Mac.ZSC file in the ZStartup/ZPlugs folder.
2. Locate and delete the PaintStopData4 folder in the ZStartup/ZPlugs folder.
3. Download the ZBrush 4R2 Mac version of PaintStop from the Download Center.
4. Unzip to your Desktop.
5. Open the containing folder and move the PaintStop_4_08Mac.ZSC file and PaintStopData4 folder to the ZStartup/ZPlugs folder.
6. Restart ZBrush.
I have done it and it's ok !
Thank a lot Marcus
Cheers from Tahiti
Could you please make it clear for me, i am using Windows version of Painstop and it recently began to 'glitch'.
It just doesn't save any Zpaintings after the canvas was merged with tracing image.
OS is Windows 7 7601 SP1.
Thank you, Marcus )
Last edited by TeckZ; 06-12-12 at 12:51 AM.
Originally Posted by TeckZ
Just to confirm, you are using ZBrush 4R3? I have not come across this problem before. If you can tell me the exact steps you are doing I will look into the problem.
Thanks for response, Marcus!
After first save in Paintstop, after hours of drawing im clicking Save and it's saving (as if saving), in the top bar we see Writing Layers progress bar and pop-up that's saying Saving, but only for a moment, not as it should cause the resolution im using is 3500x2500. It usually takes 15 seconds to save 'normally/properly'.
Paintstop just doesn't save projects (
And yes, it's Z4R3 on Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit.
I have already downloaded and installed the new plugin from Download Center.
Last edited by TeckZ; 06-12-12 at 12:47 PM.
OK, thanks, I think I know what may be happening but I need to take a look at the code. In the meantime, instead of pressing the 'Save' button, use the 'Save As' option instead. This will ensure that the file is saved properly.
There is no error code, Marcus (
It just acts as if it saving, but much faster than usual saving.
It doesn't matter whether i'm clicking Save or Save As....it gives the same result....no saved project with progress (
Please if you have any ideas let me know....
you are right
OK, I have found the problem - it's a bug, so thank you for finding it. The PaintStop files at the Download Center will be updated as soon as possible. In the meantime the attached file will solve the problem.
Originally Posted by TeckZ
1. If you need to save a PaintStop project before installing the file, exit PaintStop and then enter PaintStop again (don't close ZBrush). You'll find a new tab is selected. Select the previous tab to see your painting. Save the PaintStop project by pressing File>Save As.
2. Save the attached file to your Desktop and unzip it. You'll find a file called PaintStop_4_08Win.zsc. Copy this to your ZBrush 4R3/ZStartup/ZPlugs folder, making sure you replace the existing file of the same name.
3. Restart ZBrush. You should now be able to save PaintStop projects without problems.
It has been saved!!! Thanks a lot, Marcus! You're a wizard, pal )
Have a wonderful time!
Great, thanks for letting me know.