[youtubehd]8M6DE-aapto&hd=1[/youtubehd]

[attach=207836]Geert_Melis_ShadoBox1o.jpg[/attach]
[attach=207837]Geert_Melis_ShadoBox2o.jpg[/attach]
[attach=207838]Geert_Melis_ShadoBox3o.jpg[/attach]
[attach=207839]Geert_Melis_ShadoBox4o.jpg[/attach]
[attach=207840]Geert_Melis_ShadoBox5o.jpg[/attach]
[attach=207841]Geert_Melis_ShadoBox6o.jpg[/attach]
[attach=207842]Geert_Melis_ShadoBox7o.jpg[/attach]

Recorded some while using ShadowBox and Clipping Brushes. Again, fiddly Quicktime edits, but you can watch it in HD :roll_eyes: !

[attach=207843]EtcherTube_Title_Page_Helmet_Modeling_Part_1.jpg[/attach]

[youtubehd]cXxl4CGuL-8&hd=1[/youtubehd]

[attach=207845]EtcherTube_Title_Page_Helmet_Modeling_Part_2.jpg[/attach]

[youtubehd]1bu0-58VsrI&hd=1[/youtubehd]

If you’re interested, check out my TTVOR worx at ZBC - every last post contains this updated Backtracker for easy browsing. Follow my signature link

[attach=207846]Geert_Melis_001o.jpg[/attach]
[attach=210350]Geert_Melis_001bo.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

EtcherTube_Title_Page_Firepower_360.jpg

FirePower_360_Title_Page.jpg

Geert_Melis_ShadoBox1o.jpg

Geert_Melis_ShadoBox2o.jpg

Geert_Melis_ShadoBox3o.jpg

Geert_Melis_ShadoBox4o.jpg

Geert_Melis_ShadoBox5o.jpg

Geert_Melis_ShadoBox6o.jpg

Geert_Melis_ShadoBox7o.jpg

EtcherTube_Title_Page_Helmet_Modeling_Part_1.jpg

EtcherTube_Title_Page_Helmet_Modeling_Part_2.jpg

Geert_Melis_001o.jpg

Geert_Melis_BetaThreado.jpg

Geert_Melis_BetaThread2o.jpg

Geert_Melis_BetaThread3o.jpg

Geert_Melis_Betathread4o.jpg

Geert_Melis_001bo.jpg

1 Like

hey Etcher! awesome sculpts and textures and outstanding presentation once again!

I didn’t look at who started the thread when I opened it, but it only took me about 5 seconds after loading up the first post to realize it was you
 :smiley:

Awesome!

Holy carp, thanks for this info!
Amazing work (as always)!

Great work man, very inspirational! Thanks for sharing new workflow techniques. One question -what is the overall polygon count of your model? Did the Pixologic improve zb’s perfomance as well?

Oh my, Gert, I don’t know what to say, to call this inspiring would’nt be enough!:smiley:
Thanks for showing us how to use the new features in amazing ways!:+1:

Helloooooo there! :smiley:
I havent heard from you since months. Its sooo nice to see new things from you finally!
Awesome work and presentation as always. :slight_smile:
Thanks for all the infos and videos. GREAT STUFF! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Great work - Tahnks for the tutorials
 always great to see new style work coming from Zbrush. Cheers!

mkyboy

Nice work!
Thanks for sharing precious informations!!!

Been pouring over your Shadowbox orientation and goofing around myself. I don’t know how else I’d be able to model some of these wacky forms! It’s like experimenting with booleans all over again, but stuff actually cutting out and working. :smiley:

oh wow Thanks for all the info
 that shadow box sure does look awesome

Awesome job as always Geert !

ineversleep: hey Seann, thanks so much for the great comment :sunglasses: ! Z4 is awesome
 almost too much
 :slight_smile: you’ll see

AngelHoof: thank you!!! I’m VERY pleased to hear that; motivates me to continue on sculpting the other characters and their world! :slight_smile:

AgentSmith: Kirk, thanks for your super comment, because all this ZBrush stuff I’m producing is partly due to you
 see; 3D World is the magazine that introduced me to 3D in general (subscribed in 2004) and, eventually convinced me to buy ZBrush! Cool :sunglasses: :+1:

Velesius: thanks man! Glad the tips can be of use! I’m guessing that I’ve got about 20 to 30 subtools on this model, never going over 2 milion polygons per subtool (my machine only has 4gig ram) the file weighs in at a modest 264mb. I do feel that ZB4 handles larger polycounts better though.

Santis: thanks so much bud! Glad the step by step is usefull: more to come on the Etcher_Sketcher this week :slight_smile: . Z4 is awesome man - too much!

moni-poroni: Moni!!! Long time no text (indeed, too long), but work, family life, ZBrush so hard to keep things in balance :roll_eyes: . So glad u like this stuff
 finally managed to finish some things
 . Will check out your stuff first thing tommorow - ttyl friend :slight_smile: .

mkyboy: thanks man, very pleased about your comment on the style :sunglasses: :+1: - Hopefully, you’ll like the updates too!

thedust: glad u like and you’re welcome :slight_smile: :+1: !

sketchguy: thanks man, glad the tips can be of use; indeed, ShadowBox is too cool! Have fun :+1: !

dagoned: you are very welcome: ShadowBox is deceivingly simple, but it is awesome
 :slight_smile: .

Lucky_1: thanks for taking the time to drop me a line Luc, look! I actually finished a sculpt!!!

Very impressive modeling and workflow you have developed
That gun model is pretty flawless.

hey, great work as always! but I have a quick question: How do you separate the object you have created in shadowbox with the actual shadowbox planes? I can only manipulate the planes themselves.

AWESOME etcher - as always :+1:

thanks for the superb quickstart guide to the shadowbox :sunglasses:

Wow, wow, wow. Man, this is awesome, and the explanations also!!

Thanks man! Anda all the best!!

sleepfight: thanks Samuel; glad u like the gun
 something tells me u know what you’re talking about :wink: 
 I’m glad my character doesn’t have to battle your monster machine
 he sure as h*ll wouldn’t last long with that gun :slight_smile:

Doggy7: thanks for the nice comment man! On Shadowbox; when you are done modeling, you have to switch Shadowbox off (subtool pulldown), but make sure you are done, because switching ShadowBox back on will cause a remesh that changes the shape of the subtool(a workaround is to hit ctrl-z) hth :slight_smile:

schiefer: thanks for the awesome comment man and for taking the time to drop me a line! here’s some mo. later :slight_smile:

alexmarik; thanks a bunch, glad the step by step is usefull to you! I hope you have lots of Z4 fun :+1:

[attach=209265]ZBCThumb.jpg[/attach]

Since I started ZBrushing, I developed this habit of keeping some sort of “digital sketchbook” as I go along - probably has something to do with my traditional media background; when I finish a project, I love to go back to my sketches from time to time and look at the development process (vs the end result).

These are some of the sheets I compiled during Beta-testing.

More to come.

[attach=209266]E1_45_Firepower_001o.jpg[/attach]

[attach=209267]E1_45_Firepower_002o.jpg[/attach]

[attach=209268]E1_45_Firepower_003o.jpg[/attach]

To all new arrivals!!! Do not forget to check out PaintStop-it’s great- I concepted the gun using PaintStop: check out the vid below

[youtubehd]<object width=“640” height=“385”><param name=“movie” value=“http://www.youtube.com/v/Aa9AQ06tSAc&hl=en_US&fs=1”></param><param name=“allowFullScreen” value=“true”></param><param name=“allowscriptaccess” value=“always”></param><embed src=“http://www.youtube.com/v/Aa9AQ06tSAc&hl=en_US&fs=1” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” allowscriptaccess=“always” allowfullscreen=“true” width=“640” height=“385”></embed></object>[/youtubehd]

Attachments

ZBCThumb.jpg

E1_45_Firepower_001o.jpg

E1_45_Firepower_002o.jpg

E1_45_Firepower_003o.jpg

Hey Geert, how are you?

Great beta testing! Thanks for all the useful info!:+1:

Looking good, been waiting for you to start posting Z4 stuff

cheers