Senior Member Follow User Gallery

@Carcaryas
    Thank you

@Hanska
    Thanks man, super glad you like it

Member Follow User Gallery

Dude fantastic work, your style is very great, congrats

New Member Follow User Gallery

Good sense of shape and design into your characters. You also have a keen eye for composition which is great.

I'm kinda new to zbrush and I watched a few of your videos on how you approach hard surface modeling. I was wondering if you could answer a few beginner questions?

- What's the "line-cutting" tool you keep on using for trimming off hard edges? You used it a lot on your wrench/hammer for the rhino. There was also a circle cutting tool I believe. They seem very practical when doing hard objects.

- You were adding holes for screws all around the radius of the handle. Is there an option like the symmetry to activate this?

- You sculpted the rhino visor/glasses out of a box it seemed. Is there a name for that kind of technique? Maybe a tutorial out there?

Thanks for sharing all your knowledge!

A.
    http://cotesprivateparts.com/

@acote
    Hey man, thanks for the kind words

"- What's the "line-cutting" tool you keep on using for trimming off hard edges? You used it a lot on your wrench/hammer for the rhino. There was also a circle cutting tool I believe. They seem very practical when doing hard objects."

That would be the clipping brushes, you find them if you hit B on your keyboard.
    There are a couple of them, clipCircle, clipCircleCenter, clipCurve and ClipRect.

"- You were adding holes for screws all around the radius of the handle. Is there an option like the symmetry to activate this? "

Yeah there is a thing called radial symmetry. Transform -> Activate symmetry -> and check the ( R ).

"- You sculpted the rhino visor/glasses out of a box it seemed. Is there a name for that kind of technique? Maybe a tutorial out there?"

I don't really think so, I think you'll be able to figure it out if you play around with clipping brushes. There are tutorials for the clipping brushes on pixologic.com

Hope that answers your questions

Thumbs up

Hi Frederik.
    I want to thank you for posting all this work/art and information. You have a nice combination of organic and mechanical. One doesn't overpower the other. Also, is very helpful that you posted all these in-progress animations. It is great seeing how to take advantage of ZB4 seeing how you manipulate the tools.

I wonder what you have been up to lately. I would imagine you have new models that you are working on.

Thanks again.

Thanks mate, I'm really glad you think so And you are more than welcome.
    I got lots of things going, you can always take a look at my blog: http://frederik-storm.blogspot.com/ or my sketchbook here at the site: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...709#post840709

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345