Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Cool Taron's gallery

Alrighty then, I'll post some of my experiments with Sculptris here, too. I'll maintain my gallery thread on the original forum, but don't mean to ignore its new owner. After all, I've always loved Zbrush and simply am in love with Sculptris for that matter and why shouldn't I embrace a little software harem.

Taron's gallery
    morphy_finish02.jpg
    ear_fun.jpg
    butterflies.jpg
    crunchy_front.jpg
    crunchy_back.jpg
    ape2.jpg
    foldeye.jpg
    space_doodleB.jpg
    taron02.jpg
    head03.jpg

(Thanks Marcus!)

This is a collection of experiments, which are truely quick doodles for the most part and should illustrate the spontanuity and depth of Sculptris as a true 3d sketching tool.
    The point is, you can really just have some quick fun and the results almost feel complete or at least presentable, I think. That being said, it's perfect to start exploring the art of sculpting itself and to teach yourself aspects that have little to no relation to technical or software related concerns. I've done my most enlightning (to myself) anatomy studies with Sculptris and keep finding out more about my own style in the briefest amount of time.

Anyway, I hope you're having some fun with the above and will see that I sync up a little bit every now and then, should the forum allow me to.
    Last edited by Taron; 07-27-10 at 06:30 AM. Reason: image uploads...

Moderator Follow User Gallery

Taron,

There's no mystery - see here:
    Posting images at ZBC

awesome stuff Taron! I really like the detail put into the last two, and the color work overall is great!
    I've seen some of those on the original forum (during the three or four days i was a part of that forum), but it's great to see you've started a thread here at ZBC. Please keep us posted

Thanks FIL! I'll see to keeping it in sync.

And thanks again, Marcus! I only had vague memories of how things work around here and remember how I used to applaud to exactly that. Ever since ImageShag censored the first image I have all the way up there, because it had something that looks like a boob in it, I got a bit scared of using that site in the first place.

Moderator Follow User Gallery

Taron,

It's good to see your work here again. I look forward to seeing more.

THANKS!
    Well then, I shall also post today's doodle... I actually figured I could take it a lot further, but here's what it is...
    lord04.jpg
    (quick update)
    Last edited by Taron; 07-28-10 at 12:49 AM.

Nice work, Taron! Although the material you used on that last one's eyes make them seem phosphorescent. Is that the affect you were going for?

Yes!
    But it's really sloppy nonsense, of course. From another angle you can see that this is an alien, but it really was only a silly experiment to leave the second material a gel test I made a few days ago during developing "MaCrea". All materials (all two of them, lol) I've made with it, but it doesn't do justice to what it can do already. I might play some more with him again and actually make a set of mats for him.
    Thanks, though!

The Morph Image is fantastic. I should say fantastic as always

As ever, great work Taron. One of those heads looks really familiar to me...

what percentage of your detail is sculpted and what percent is bump mapped?

Are you using the supplied texture brushes or your own?
    No one ever expected a pencil to draw for them.

www.podagraph.com

podaart.blogspot.com

THanks, ChrRambow!

Thanks, poda! I almost hope it's my self-portrait attempt, haha, that would be comforting, but I'm sure you mean another...
    The only existing alpha I use is mask5 I think, a little feathered dot. In the beginning I used a bunch of alphas by users of the old forum (wikkidwidgets and jim), but pretty much all of the above are with my own brushes. I wrote my own fractal noise and voronoi filter for after effects, which I've used for my favorite cell brush. I almost use that one a bit too often, because it's so beautifully lazy.
    The percentage between bump and geometry is similar to how it used to be before Zbrush came up, actually. The major foldings are geometry, but complimenting wrinkles are bumped. It's important to avoid that bumps reveal themselves, so sillhuetting elements like large enough veins are always geometry. Those then can get companion bumps that are similar, but not has strong, same like with foldings vs. wrinkles. Sometimes I use the bump brush without any texture to create an iris for the eye. It can be a nice effect.

Thanks again!

New Member Follow User Gallery

Very Cool Taron
    Franz

LOL Taron, I was definitely talking about the self portrait!

Thanks for the detailed explanation!
    No one ever expected a pencil to draw for them.

www.podagraph.com

podaart.blogspot.com

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

That,s really great use of sculptris I love this app
    Also Avaliable for freelance.

http://www.lucbegin.com

Always the BEST, Fratello!

Page 1 of 11 123410 ... LastLast