ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 4.0 Purchase and Upgrade Schedule

ZBrush 4.0
Purchase and Upgrade Schedule

Dear ZBrush Artists,

[COLOR=Silver]As you may already know ZBrush 4.0 Win and ZBrush 4.0 Mac will both be officially released for download on 8/9/10! (9th August 2010)

We sincerely trust that this exciting version of ZBrush will become a major part of your day to day artistic work-flow, opening you to an ever expanding world of creativity.

ZBrush was first released 10 years ago as a tool by artists for artists and we have certainly come a long way since then!

Our vision has always been to develop new and innovative features that push the boundaries of what has been previously possible in digital art, so we are thrilled to offer this new breakthrough 10th anniversary ZBrush 4.0 Win or Mac version for pre-order right now! (see the details below)

Here is a sample of beta tester images created with ZBrush 4 beta!
(When Z4 is released, beta testers will have their own threads here at ZBrushCentral so that you may communicate with them and learn from their Z4 experiences!)

<IFRAME src=“http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush4/001_watch_copy.html” frameBorder=0 width=800 height=530></IFRAME>

<IFRAME src=“http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/gallery/2010/index_ZBC.php” frameBorder=0 width=970 height=780 scrolling=no></IFRAME>

Please see the details below on how to get ZBrush 4.0.
There are instructions for both new purchases and free upgrades to existing customers.

Upgrading to ZBrush 4.0
All current ZBrush license holders are entitled to a free upgrade to ZBrush 4.0 Win/Mac, regardless of when they purchased ZBrush. If you currently have ZBrush 3.5 (PC) or 3.2 (Mac) you will be sent your upgrade instructions beginning on 8/9/10 - 9th August 2010*. If you have not yet upgraded to the current ZBrush version please submit a Support ticket at http://support.pixologic.com as soon as possible so that your upgrade to version 4.0 can proceed smoothly.

An option to purchase a backup CD will also be available for those upgrading to ZBrush 4.0.

*Upgrade instructions will be sent in batches over several days. In order to be completely fair to everyone, the order in which upgrades will be sent out has been randomized.

Purchasing ZBrush 4.0
At the same time that ZBrush 4.0 becomes available for upgrades on 8/9/10 it will be made available for sale in the Pixologic online store, for immediate download.

In addition to the usual backup CD option, Pixologic will also be releasing a limited 10th Anniversary Special Edition package of ZBrush 4.0 for Win/Mac.

The Special Edition comes in a black metal case.

Due to the limited quantity of ZBrush 4.0 Special Editions, this package will only be available while supplies last, with priority given to pre-orders.

Here is how to purchase your Special Edition package of ZBrush 4.0::large_orange_diamond: For those attending SIGGRAPH 2010 (27th-29th July)
10th Anniversary Special Edition packages of ZBrush 4.0 Win and Mac can be pre-ordered in person at the Pixologic booth #709.

People who buy ZBrush at SIGGRAPH will initially receive ZBrush 3.2 for Mac or 3.5R3 for PC. Upon the release of ZBrush 4 on 8-9-10 you will receive an email with instructions on how to get your ZBrush 4.0 upgrade (Mac or Win), which may be downloaded immediately. Pixologic will then ship the physical copy of your ZBrush Special Edition to you at no extra charge.

:large_orange_diamond: Pre-Order From the Pixologic Store (Beginning Tues, July 27th)
Limited 10th Anniversary Special Edition packages of ZBrush 4.0 Win or Mac will also be available for pre-purchase online at the Pixologic.com Store.

At time of purchase you will only receive a receipt. Upon the official release of ZBrush 4.0 on 8-9-10 you will receive instructions for how to get your ZBrush 4.0 license (Mac or Win), which may be downloaded immediately. The package will be sent to you shortly thereafter.

:large_orange_diamond: Purchases After the 8/9/10 Official Release Date
You can purchase ZBrush 4.0 Win or Mac for immediate download with optional subsequent shipping of the Special Edition package (while supplies last) or a standard backup CD.

ZBrush 4.0 Pricing:large_orange_diamond: For a limited period from 7/27/10 to 9/9/10 (27th July to 9th Sept 2010) Pixologic is offering ZBrush 4.0 Win or Mac downloadable licenses with optional Special Edition packaging at the existing purchase price of $595 per license.
:large_orange_diamond: After 9/9/10 ZBrush 4.0 Win/Mac downloads and optional Special Edition packaging (while supplies last) will be $699 per license.

Shipping is not included. ZBrush 4.0 in the standard packaging will also be available to purchase from our authorized resellers beginning 8/9/10.

ZBrush 4.0 Features
ZBrush 4.0 features will first be unveiled at SIGGRAPH 2010 by top industry artists. If you will be in Los Angeles during the period from July 27th to 29th we invite you to visit us at booth #709. Free passes to the show floor are still available. To receive your pass and view our presenters lineup click here.

Full information about ZBrush 4.0’s exciting new features will be posted on the Pixologic and ZBrushCentral websites on 8/9/10.

Happy ZBrushing!
The Pixologic Team

© 2010 Pixologic, Inc. All rights reserved, Pixologic and the Pixologic logo, ZBrush , and the ZBrush logo are registered trademarks of Pixologic, Inc. Various patents pending.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Wow, it was pretty hard to watch that because my eyes kept falling out of my head.

This looks pretty good!

I see that thickness is kept when relaxing one mesh over another too.

holy crap

this is awesome… cant wait till 9th august !!
i just hope they have fixed the prespective view problem that was there in 3.5.thats the only reason why i have to still work in 3.1:(

Holly molly!

NO WAY! Guys, this is splendid magnifique, aaaa, im feeling like a child in christmas eve! waiting for santa with my glass of milk and cookies!, Totally mind blowing the feature of Shadow Box, and looks like the render engine within ZBrush has been improved, and and WOOAAA :eek:, this is like if The Beatles gonna release a new album or something!. Thank you very much Pixologic, all the best tomorrow at SIGGRAPH, is gonna be a splendi week!.

My pants just got a little tighter:D

Hehe :+1:

O MY GOD AHHAHAHAHAHAH THAT IS SO AWESOME NUTS KICK ASSSSSS :slight_smile: I am speechless … O MY GOD AGAIN AND AGAIN !!! THANK YOU PIXO

Those are three awesome features shown in the video Pixolator and team :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

On the second row of images this one: (check it out):sunglasses:
[![1.JPG|158x176](upload://AoDsSfNzUjy1hAkrN2loAmi3FW0.jpeg)]

I noticed the cape is semi transparent and was wondering if it’s the model or material or a combination of both. It would be nice to have a tut on how it was done.

:sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:D
:slight_smile:

:small_blue_diamond:

Purely awesome.

Again on the second row of images this one: (check it out):sunglasses:
[2.JPG](javascript:zb_insimg(‘205431’,‘2.JPG’,1,0))

It would really be nice if this is a from start to finish tutorial on how it was made.
Also the grass on the base looks real - is this a new ZBrush tool?

:+1:
:sunglasses::wink:

:slight_smile:

This is like falling in love all over again! Here’s why I love the concept of Shadow box!
[attach=205432]loomis.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

loomis.jpg

SpaceMan:We can hope that it will be a new material in zbrush,i dreamed a lot of that…:eek:
also ANOTHER SPECIALITY is the SUBSURFACE MATERIAL i think…zbrush 4 have sub surface material and it can seen on the watch material in gallery and in another material…can’t wait to see more videos
Best of luck in SIGGRAPH…
also shadow box ROCKS…:eek:

That looks amazing! Just Wow! I am also very excited about this!

OMG this is F*CKING AWESOME!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ShadowBox looks insane! I can’t wait to do some hard surface models.
Best Render makes me drool!! Hair, SSS, Composition, Alpha Transparency, DoF, it’s all there!!
MatchMaker, i can already come up with a thousand possibilities.

and did anyone else noticed the Timeline slider the first pic ([edit] it says ‘camera’ by it so idk actually)!? hahaha this is sweet!

Pixologic kicks ass.

I agree with you Fil…shadow box would be awesome for actually cutting holes in meshes quicker :slight_smile:

Yep more videos :smiley:

It looks really great so I need to be hibernated in my refrigerator 'cos cant wait one more week !