ZBrushCentral

Progress and learning

Hey guys,
So I feel like im getting some visible progress in zbrush, and I wanted to see what you insanely good people thought:

Crits and comments are allways welcome.

[Work in progress.jpg

]

Would love to give some crit but i can’t figure out what it is…

Oh my apologies,
its an alien head, the two large holes in the center being eyes and the ones on the cheeks will be breathing glands.

In that case! It’s a good start! A little too early to really critique anything because so much design still has to happen. The things i see now is that i think the glands and the eyes should be different sized so at a glance you wouldn’t confuse/relate the two. I like how the mouth-area is looking! MORE! lol

It’s looking real good! Are you new to modeling like myself or are you versed in other software? :cool:

Hehe thanks guys.
Yeah I’ve used Maya for a little bit before Zbrush and I used it for the base model of this

Yeah, cant really give crits on this since its so early. Id work on it alot m ore then re post.

Been working on the model some more, added the eyes and cheek glands so its easier to understand, refined the facial features and started on the neck and collarbone area.

Also previewed skin pores on the face.

let me know what you think :slight_smile:

![picture 1.jpg|634x477](upload://AbQQugrOgLYAeImQn6ba4h5wdj7.jpeg)

Attachments

picture 2.jpg

picture 3.jpg

picture 4.jpg

Its coming along. I would be more patient though. Really spend some time developing the major forms, think about anatomy and use some for reference to make it more believable. Hold off on details like pores and such until you nail the from and function of the design. I think your on the right track, just keep going and keep that in mind. Good luck!