Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Damn fine work , Love the hands/feet work... great detail work especially when done in Sculptris....
    ...email me
    ...on facebook
    “Time's the thief of memory”

Thanks Tartan and blue.

I keep trying to think now of what they might do in a Sculptris/sculpting class. What kinds of exercises would they have you go through? I know one that I haven't done much of would be to work with hard surface stuff. Not one of Sculptris strengths to try and achieve easily, but it can be done. I'll have to think of something that would be fun to make in that area. Any ideas on additional exercises that a regular school might have for a program like this?

That little boy decided to sleep a bit early today, so I thought I'd spend some of that new found time on a quick sculpt. Was looking through some of the new posts up there and saw a remake of a head that was already pretty great looking of a little elf/goblin guy. Looked like it would be a fun one to create my own version. Now that I look back at the original ones, I took it in a slightly different direction in some areas or maybe just a combination of the two in some ways, but hopefully not too far that it's unrecognizable as maybe a distant cousin or something...lol. If it wasn't so late, I'd have enjoyed spending a lot more time completing this one. But, good enough for a quick fun sculpt.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

heh He looks like a top row cousin well done!
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

Thanks Tartan. There's definitely a reason why that guy who made the original is in the top row though.

Great sculpts dear SporkFuMaster !

Really love the shirt and the hands

Out beyond the ideas of right-doing or wrong-doing there is a field,... I'll meet you there.
    Jelaluddin Rumi

Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by sporkfulmaster
    Then I'll select my pore brush and enable it.
    What brush do you use for pores?

CaptainNemo. Now that's a name that I haven't seen for a while. Thanks.

@Maffu Sorry about that latest example where I showed some of the skin stuff. Came out pretty crappy. But, if you go back to page 42 (damn, I just realized how many pages that I've gone through), there's the main 2 alphas that I use. I haven't been to the ZBrush alphas page to see if there's anything new in the last while (or made some new ones of my own), but those 2 should work out decently if you're just trying to get a quick skin texture in. If you want to get a more realistic look, that's going to take a lot longer. While I don't have the option to use the brush spacing settings anymore (tried to put in the previous Sculptris version and all of a sudden I now can't use that setting anymore so I'll need to figure that one out eventually), I'm pretty sure that I have the rough settings that you can use on that same post though.

Cheers SporkFuMaster, I'll give them a whirl

@Maffu See if they work for you. Now you've got me wanting to try them out again. So, I needed a quick head. Here's the result of that. Could probably use a lot more time but it will do. I'll try painting him tomorrow.

Painted that last one. I want to either do another one or some kind of creature thing. Not sure yet. When I see that sphere I'm sure it will figure itself out.

Started with the creaturish thing.

I like the personality you imbued him with Spork I am convinced that you are capable of top row work on the main forum
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

Thanks Tartan. I don't think I'm up to that level yet. But, those guys (and girls too I'm sure) tend to spend weeks and often months on their highly detailed pieces. My little doodles are usually done within an hour or two (depends on if I'm painting one or if I spend the time to add a body). Though I'm sure that Sculptris would be quite capable in achieving some pretty amazing stuff for someone who wanted to really take the time to take it to the limits.

Thought I'd edit these ones in here rather than start a new post. Added in some simple fingers and toes to that weird rabbit thing. Also thought I'd add in that no longer valid attempt at the challenge to here as well.

I beg to differ Spork. You are totally capable of top row level work. No you may not have Zbrush and Yes they spend weeks achieving what they do but what you do in mere hours is amazing and you have a great ability for characterization. If I could afford it I would buy Zbrush for you and others just to see you all take it to the next level. But only as long you stayed in the Sculptris forum and used Sculptris as your starting point lol. I love Sculptris. This forum would have died long ago if it wasn't for you, Serek and very few others This last month or so brings me hope

One thing I learned from working with a very talented artist - you don't measure how good a piece is by the time spent on it.
    Some artists can knock out a masterpiece in an hour. Others can labour for months and turn out only a lightly glittered turd.

Your work is definitely top notch, Spork, however long you take on them.

I am praying you are on Vacation Spork. I miss seeing your posts. Forget Zbrush you don't need it! If you want to send me the model , I will clean it up for you so you can take it to another program if wanted. I considered writing a Sculptris to Zbrush to Poser Pro Tutorial with the model you generously linked and thought you might get a laugh as I try to poserize it for you. I hope you don't mind. I will have time in the next few weeks to work on it more. I need to add a bone in the shin area(s). Quit laying out on the beach in the south of France with Dreamz and Boozy! I am thumbnailing 2 screenshots. I have it uv mapped and am rigging it over the next several days. Fingers and toes will take some time as I associate polys with bones. I am going to make him dance for you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot - 7_4_2014 , 5_52_43 AM2.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	223.9 KB 
ID:	415935   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot - 7_7_2014 , 6_40_24 PM.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	415936