Thanks willettfx. Been waiting on some more new things from your thread.

This is something that I certainly need to do a lot more often to try and get better at. There's a lot of things wrong with this one, but as a quick test in doing some hair I'm still happy with it. I think I've got the hang of a few technical things that I wanted to get down so it was a big help in that regard. I still need more practice though, which means trying to come up with some sculpts that need hair...lol.

Not enough time to work on hair yet, but I still had some time for some smaller fun sketches.

Was thinking about doing a sort of Conan-ish type of character. Not sure how far I'll get with it before I get busy and forget about it though...lol

New Member Follow User Gallery

Awesome stuff! Incredible what a talented man can do with such a simple tool
    I like that Conan muscle study, it looks really nice. Alien/zombie heads are lovely.
    Post more, please. Keep inspiring.
    Last edited by kabanos; 11-22-13 at 06:57 PM. Reason: typos

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by SporkFuMaster View Post

This is something that I certainly need to do a lot more often to try and get better at. There's a lot of things wrong with this one, but as a quick test in doing some hair I'm still happy with it. I think I've got the hang of a few technical things that I wanted to get down so it was a big help in that regard. I still need more practice though, which means trying to come up with some sculpts that need hair...lol.

The hair ,What program is this ,is this Blender?

@kabanos Thanks, but I'd consider myself more of a slightly higher monkey with a typewriter...lol. One day I'll get lucky and reproduce something worthwhile.

@willetfx Yeah, everything is currently finished in blender (hair and then rendered with cycles). It's got a pricetag that's hard to beat. I've still got some things I've got to learn in there though.

And I did some extra work on that last character. Still haven't even added in the eyes, but I'll get there. Planning on doing some posing this time before I paint it all and add in the hair stuff.

Now that I've got a quick pose, I really need to focus on a much better weapon as well as possibly a vanquished creature that he can be stepping on.

Wasn't originally going to be doing any more on this one tonight, but I thought I'd start on a simple kind of creature while I had a few minutes. Was considering having that guy standing on his head (which needs to be turned to the side once I get the rest of the body in). Not sure yet if I'll have a limb or two removed, or even the entire upper body cut from the lower body which might be better with some entrails connecting the two.

Was pretty dumb and I just overwrote the posed file. Oh well, guess I get a bit more practice and have fun with trying to pose that guy again. But I did spend a few minutes with adding in the arms for the top half of that creature thing. Not putting in too much detail since he's not the main focus. I'll probably finish the bottom half before finishing up the posing part for that last character for the second time and then merging the files. Something to do for later tonight anyway.

Went back into that one to repose the guy and see what it would look like with the creature in there (no rear legs yet). Kind of small to be a decent conquest, but whatever...lol.

Quick Blender test. Still a lot to do before I get back to testing out hair and fur again.

Too sick to even look at the computer for more than a few minutes for a little while there. Now that I opened it up again, I just wanted to get something fun in really quick. Also tried to see what would happen if I brought that retopologized hair area back into Sculptris Paint and then re-exported it back into Blender. At the moment, it was mainly just to get some more grey in the beard area without having to create multiple retopologized pieces, but now that I know it works not sure what I'll use it for.

More fun with fur again.

I think the color in the fur came out great in the squirrel, or beaver, or whatever that little rodent is!

retopologized hair area back into Sculptris
    Nice!

The barbarian scene is awesome, totally love it.

As a suggestion from an ultra-dooper-mega-pro like me to another ultra-dooper-mega-pro like you, people have necks sometimes

Thanks guys.

@erocked Can't say that I have any clue as to what kind of rodent this one was meant to represent. Just looked like those teeth would fit when I was making it originally...lol

@Serek It's because of all those necked people that I have tried to represent those who have had to struggle through life, like myself, without necks. It is time for the oppression of the neck-less to end. We are people too...lol. There's a few at the top of the page that represent those that have the perceived look of beauty in today's society with their noticeable necks. I've tried to represent them as well so I wasn't being considered demeaning or non inclusive to those who would look down on me. (Now that I'm done making fun of the PC crowd, yeah, I'll have to start paying attention to some of my models in that area...lol.)

Thought I'd start a new one again. The Executioner. Not sure if I'll add in hair later or not but it could be interesting to do it anyway. Maybe I'll try to go a bit further with posing and a scene or just be lazy and move on. Seems everytime I've said that before it never got finished...lol.

Few small tweaks combined with adding in the rest of the fingers and feet. Now I need to get it out of symmetry to get in all of the cloth folds and edges.

Needed another break so I started on the posing. I'll pose the right arm once I create a giant axe for him to hold onto.

Was going to do an intricate axe, but it just didn't fit so I went with a simpler one then colored him in.

Just wanted to have some fun with a quick sketch.

Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 233844454647484950 ... LastLast