Well, I saw something in some random corner of a not so rounded mind. It certainly didn't exactly resemble this, but since I didn't create a 2d representation of it beforehand, this is what came out. While what I originally saw was a lot more caricaturish (is there a way to spell a non word?), though I've certainly got a considerable amount to add to it (and yes, I know that it has neither a mass appeal nor a specific focus), maybe the end result will at least end up a bit more coherent than where it currently appears.

What's even worse is that I've spent a couple of sittings on this model...lol. Yet I am still going to finish it. Just because.

Guess I waited too long to edit that previous post. But, it was a bit of a slow day today. Thought I'd open this one back up to add in a few more details.

Got a chance to finish this one for the most part. Didn't feel like making guns, so I threw in some bananas.

Surfing the internet a few days ago, I saw a competition for cgi stuff. Not going to enter, but it still looked like fun. The subject was "Pirate". So I thought it would be fun to make a random background pirate's head. Still working on it, but I finished up most of the sculpting. Added in some hair with Blender as well. Now I've got to go back into Sculptris to add in some sort of tattoos and dirt to try and give him more of a pirate look. Here he is without hair and once I finally got the hair in. I've still got to play around with Blender hair to get a better look, but it works for now.

Added in a few details to the texture. Guess I'll call him done for now.

Slow day, couple of quick sculpts.

Saw the ZBrush top row version and I thought it would be fun to do a kind of caricaturish piece. Got most of the way done and was looking up his pipe when I saw other versions of Popeye that were done quite similar, but better...lol. Either way, here's my little update.

You know, I did forget one thing that I do have to edit into here. I know that it's quite unlikely that most will ever look here for any kind of news about Sculptris, but I did come across something that I find "newsworthy" about it that I thought I'd share for those who care (or not).

Last month, and I remember the day quite clearly (or at least the date on the posting since I saw it roughly about less than a week after it was posted ), I was looking up just the word Sculptris on google (and setting the tools to within the last month). Not something I do regularly, but once I saw that there was a library nearby that had scheduled a class on it, I check it out every few months or so (and if that library in the Denver area ever schedules another, please let me know...lol). But, more to the point, I saw a post from ZBrush themselves. So I clicked on it. This is where the disappointment settles in.

In this post from ZBrush Help (or something like that), it stated that Sculptris would no longer be developed and would only be considered a legacy program (so you are aware, the post was from Oct. 18, I've searched and can't find it anywhere now. If anyone else has a better way to get to that posting please let me know). Quite honestly, if my son had not been around when I first read it, I would have had a drink right there (likely a considerable amount more). As you see, I've got 50+ pages of Sculptris doodles (not counting the other thread, or the numerous pages from the original website when I first discovered 3d sculpting through Sculptris (before Pixo bought him out)). While that doesn't make me special in any way, I just tend to have a personal investment into an idea that I saw so much growth potential in only to watch be left to ______ on the vine.

Now, it could suck as much to hear about this as it did when I first read it, or you could look at it from the opposite perspective and wonder why that posting was pulled (or at least I can't find it anywhere, though I really didn't spend much time going through all possibilities to find it). Is it as bad as what was originally seen (strangely only by me by some weird coincidence), did someone just happen to realize that it would look too bad with the optics and pulled that post (but the intention is already set in stone), was it some random new guy in the marketing department that has something against this small program (and something could possibly still be intended eventually), could it be that some small incremental update is currently planned (considering how useful it is in the hobbyist/newby community), etc. I could literally come up with about a thousand possibilities within those goalposts.

Nothing really matters (Insert Queen lyrics being sung...lol) in this one, but it's just something to ponder over a nice glass of Cabernet.

I remember seeing that post too, or reading something to that effect somewhere. So you're not imagining things. It is true.

My question, however, is, why not seriously consider ZBrush. Sculptris, in all it's glory, after nearly ten years, from what I hear, has been fully implemented in ZBrush, under the name Sculptris Pro. Seeing this is, in fact, what made me finally bite the bullet and buy ZBrush 2018.

I have many regrets for not getting into ZBrush a long time ago, but at the same time, I don't think I could have possibly enjoyed it, as much as I do, without Sculptris Pro being in there. Nothing is missing, and more can be done with it. Sculptris is not dead. Not even close.

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 7324753545556