Member Follow User Gallery

Default Ash's Sculptris Sideshow Alley

Hi

I only discovered Sculptris through ZBC, as I understand it Thomas is responsible for this awesome software, kudos to you sir!

Using Sculptris reminded me so much of the first time I picked up zbrush that I wanted to record openly the good, the bad and the ugly of my progress with this software, as I think its important to show user support for new tech to encourage updates!, btw not a disclaimer

I have been using Zbrush since version 2 and am addicted, however Sculptris feels so natural to me who came originally from a traditional background in sculpture. I really hope it goes far and that we see some form of evolution between Zbrush and Sculptris.

Glad pixo got you before the others did, your in good hands.

Cheers
    Last edited by Ashley Nagy; 07-29-10 at 07:52 AM.

Default Frankenstein WIP

Here is a quick wip of a model I am using to get familiar with Sculptris which I started from the default sphere.

The major advantage I find with including Sculptris into the workflow is the lack of subdivision levels in the traditional scene, being able to locally control the resolution of the meshs' geometry is great to quickly develop form and medium detail.

At first the lack of subdivision levels was awkward but soon became more natural.The only qualm I have is with the accuracy of the brush to the surface normal. Other than that really enjoy sculpting this way.

franky_an.jpg
    Last edited by Ashley Nagy; 07-29-10 at 08:20 AM.

Default Gorilla

Another sketch, this one a few hours. I made a custom material and used photoshop for DOF.

gorilla_an.jpg
    Last edited by Ashley Nagy; 07-29-10 at 07:51 AM.

Very nice sculpts.
    you can subdivide in sculptris ,you can also delete triangles if you dont neeed them or remove them in some places with brush,you are basically free to go back to any shape at any stage ,thats why i like it over zbrush,its like real sculpting ,youre not restricted and limited to subdivisions and you dont have to subdivide to make tiny details.

Very nice stuff! Yeah the dynamic tesselation rocks.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

nice stuff, i too am love'n sculptris. I still love Z and couldn't imagine living without either of them now. they are meant for each other.

nice negative and positive space on the king kong/gorilla love it!

bwwd, yeah the workflow is that of a sculptor...totally brilliant.

infiniview, it has rocked my world.

N8, I feel the same, but will Sculptris and ZB have sex?, is anyones guess

zombie farm
    , thanks mate glad to hear it, that was exactly the last concern I had right before posting.

thanx peeps, and just want to say what an interesting time it is, with so many advancements about to hit...I'm excited!

cheers

the child will be a cutie!

Default Gorilla!

I absolutely love the gorilla! It would be great to see it taken further, with fir texture etc....

thanks dreamz,

I'm enjoying the feeling of just sculpting with Sculptris at the moment,
    and intrigued by the possiblities of a zbrush/sculptris modeling workflow.

When I do render I will post.

cheers

Default Female study

I have been exploring a modeling work flow which leverages both Sculptris and Zbrush tools. This is a work in progress but since Sculptris will no longer read the obj file for this model, I will need to finish it in Zbrush.

For those curious in the work flow

1. Create base mesh in Zbrush with Zspheres and Zsketch.

2. Use Decimation Master to lower the resolution and triangulate, then export as obj.

3.Import into Sculptris and turn on symmetry. What I like about this feature is that it will actually recreate the mesh.

The problem occurred after I exported out of Sculptris, over to Zbrush then back, it wouldn't read the file.

Although it is fine to create the entire mesh from a sphere in Sculptris, I find it faster to use Zspheres.
    However the dynamic mesh speeds up the modeling.

For working at a "80% upfront" capacity there is really nothing faster than the combination of the two programs.

Hope you like, I will be posting the final model and render in good time.
    Thanks for looking.

female_2daySculpt_wip_an.jpg

Impressive! This looks really good

Is it me or the hands are a little bit small? (it might be me) I find the rest of the body spot on, great work!

Thanks Mr T,
    She is a quick sculpt and will need some tweaks plus high rez detail to really stand out.