Tomas Pettersson is brilliant. Everyone should be excited about this.

Now get to work on the Mac version

What kind of updates are in this release? better performance?

Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by j.fernwright
    What kind of updates are in this release? better performance?
    I guess you missed it:

"The current version, formerly known as Sculptris 1.02, will be renamed under Pixologic banner as Sculptris Alpha 5."

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Usually it´s sad to hear that a big company takes over a small project that was created by a single person. But as a satisfied customer I really trust Pixologic with this one. Especially because we got so many great upgrades for free, unlike from other big companies that barely make any changes bigger than just changing the icons. Therefore I don´t see this step as an attempt to destroy a rival, but rather as a smart step to bring fresh mind into the team and explore new techniques, technologies and improve the tools.

good luck with this one, Pixologic
    portfolio - available for freelancing

"Inter arma silent musae"

Quote Originally Posted by ghost-d
    Usually it´s sad to hear that a big company takes over a small project that was created by a single person. But as a satisfied customer I really trust Pixologic with this one. Especially because we got so many great upgrades for free, unlike from other big companies that barely make any changes bigger than just changing the icons. Therefore I don´t see this step as an attempt to destroy a rival, but rather as a smart step to bring fresh mind into the team and explore new techniques, technologies and improve the tools.

good luck with this one, Pixologic
    exactly! They probably didnt even need to buy the programm just give him
    a creative job, so where else then pixologic

Default wow

wow...this is a program I downloaded a month ago, and now it's offered by Pixologic....amazing....?#&???

This is pretty cool. Would be nice if the triangles got taken out as you smooth the surface flat.
    Divide by Zero

Smile Congratulations and good luck!

Sculptris is something of a second revelation after what Zbrush had done to the industry some years ago. Once there's a natural merge and some of the conventionalities of Sculptris inspire Zbrush, too, to accept a few more of them, it could well become another giant push into a better world for artists.

There is a slight teardrop to the departure of Sculptris and its development from the "free" world, but with the proper respect of the aquiring party, pixologic, and its monumental following, it could certainly reach another level of greatness altogether.

Tomas is one of the most brilliant and promissing guys I've ever met and it gives me great joy to see that someone can support his continuing focus on the subject of 3d sculpting. I sincerely hope he will be given the freedom to let his mind wonder into all his other directions, so his full and fresh capacity can function when it comes back to Zculptris.

Very cool. Quick test sculpt...

sculptrisFace.jpg

Member Follow User Gallery

I found Sculptris a week or so ago. It was comfortable to use from the get-go. I don't use these types of apps regularly so I prefer something that doesn't require me to recall the location of so many tools, submenus and settings like ZBrush does.

Sculptris is more my speed. Can't say I like that bumpy wavy action when I mouse over to choose a tool, makes me feel nauseous, but otherwise the UI was ok. I sure wanted to mouse zoom - the less keyboard action the better.

the download link doesn't appear to be working.......all i get is this

"This server can only be accessed by the proper referring server."

Congratulations to Tomas!

I do hope Sculptris stays as a easy to use cheap-free program as being unemployed I can't afford Zbrush.

Big Congratulations Tomas!

Using Sculptris I kept thinking that you must be getting lots of offers. And I also kept hoping that Pixo would connect with you for the cool simple to use features you put into it. It will be awesome if future versions of ZB get dyanamic tesselation.

This is great news!

Default ffffffff

As I presume this will be a departure from the 'Free' status that was so awesome when Sculptris was released, I only offer these words:

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

On a side note, since it wasn't really going to be developed further, good for him, all that money... oh well, when I get a job soon, I'll be able to afford Zbrush, so doesn't bother me much.

Super proud to be a Zbrusher right now.

I found Sculptris a few months ago and played with. Did research on the guy that created it. Was blown away. Of course I wasn't going to starting using it fulltime....or incorporate into my workflow Sorry. It was one guy against Zbrush. It just couldn't compete. Zbrush just simply has to big of a head start. But I saw the talent in the coder and admired his work. Amazed at the thought behind the program and how he had features in it that I have wished FOREVER for zbrush to have. That was the end of Sculptris for me.

To log into today and see that Zbrush saw that too and is going to nurture that kind of talent....well I just love that. I love for talent to work with talent. Good things can only come of it.

More excited about what might come of this than I am about 4.0 of zbrush.

Great job guys.
    Rainbow Star Girl
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rainbo...03162786386602
    We gonna change the game.

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 12345671328 ... LastLast