Senior Member Follow User Gallery

My Sculptris thread didn't get any responses either but i'm not complaining. I'm working on something more impressive

Member Follow User Gallery

I wasn't saying they were being hostile... I was saying that's how they were being described by you, hence the use of quote marks.

I have read some really mean posts comparing users of free software to homeless here and I can understand why sculptris users can complain about us, old Zbrush users... I never understood how using a software can develop into religious fanatism or software-racism or what the hell is this. and for the sculptris users who are afraid of losing what they had I m sure this will only be good for all of us.

Super Moderator Follow User Gallery

Please bear in mind that I can never talk about what has not already been announced, so there's very little that I can say concerning future plans. However, there is one fact that has already been announced that I'm very surprised nobody has brought up in all the pages of speculation in this thread:

Sculptris Alpha 5

Alpha versions precede beta versions, which in turn come before final releases. If the intent was to bury or phase out Sculptris, why would that particular name have been given to this version? The new name demonstrates that the current release of Sculptris is only the beginning.

Questions about using ZBrush? Check out these valuable resources:

ZBrush Tutorial Movies: Link
    Download Center: (PDF documentation, models, plugins): Link

Online Documentation: Link

ZBC FAQ: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/faq.php
    ZBC Advanced Search:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/search....st&forumchoice

Member Follow User Gallery

The first thing that I thought when I saw the Sculptris article on CGSociety.org was that Pixologic should get behind it. Life is good, no?
    If my goal was photorealism, I'd be a photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by dargelos
    I have read some really mean posts comparing users of free software to homeless here and I can understand why sculptris users can complain about us, old Zbrush users... I never understood how using a software can develop into religious fanatism or software-racism or what the hell is this. and for the sculptris users who are afraid of losing what they had I m sure this will only be good for all of us.
    Hi dargelos,
    The above scenario is not just confined to ZBC as you know it happens on the forums of most softwares,it is a kind of elitism and it will always be with us I fear.
    There are a lot of Sculptris users that actually have licenses for other sculpting software,and some actually have licenses for ZBrush,what we all seemingly agree on is that Sculptris simplicity and immediacy makes it an utter joy to use.
    Last edited by JimB0; 07-28-10 at 02:21 PM.

Well, firts of all, congrats to Dr Petter.
    Second : I'm sad. I tried severall sculpting app, from ZB to Blender.
    Eveyone as it's advantages, I like ZB for Zspheres, 3DC for freedom of voxels, Silo because I like Silo, etc.
    The only one I dont't like is Mud (I dont know why...)

When I discovered Sculptris, I was in heaven. A simple, powerful, and free app wich allow me to create without limits . I love this app.

I hope the future of Sculptris will not be to sleep in a corner and live in the shadow of ZB.

See u soon on the Sculptris section to share some works.

"There are a lot of Sculptris users that actually have licenses for other sculpting software,and some actually have licenses for ZBrush,what we all seamingly agree on is that Sculptris simplicity and immediacy makes it an utter joy to use."

Speaking right out of my heart!

New Member Follow User Gallery

I think this thread should have been titled "A Gift to Pixologic."

Congrats to Pixologic and the Doc, I love sculptris and zbrush and can't wait to see what great minds bring about.

How in blue blazes did he achieve that feature of creating new geometry if not voxels? Amazing.

Estou muito muito feliz pelo Peterson, Parabéns!
    É muito bom ter um aplicativo desse nível e ainda gratuito

Yeah, when I read some of them postings, they did exactly that, implying that people who happen to like the shareware/freeware world are somehow nothing more then basically parasites, though I don't think those worfs were used, it was deffinately implied.

But, what ever.

I just tend to never like it when something is nice like that and cheap, i.e. free or close to that range, like 20-50 bucks or something, but, these things always, ALWAYS tend to end up being part of some much larger plan that end up leaving out the original people, sometimes even the very same people that may have helped in the early stages with testing and things, only to have it all move on to other worlds out of that person's range.

What I am saying is, I can see how poorer people can feel that way, especially from said suggested comments.

Either way, I totally love the first freebie version and will keep using it, as long as it still works.
    I'm afraid of any Alpha/Beta?RC releases, as they most likely all will come with either water marks or time limits and those always suck, or worse, save limits! LOL

Anyway, I do hope that it stays single in one form or another and that normal hobbiest will be able to afford the thing, since I no longer can work anymore these days.

thanx.......................md

This looks really cool Thanks Pixologic and Tomas Pettersson.

Looking forward to the future of Sculptris
    Homepage

KAP Mapping

Quote Originally Posted by aurick
    Please bear in mind that I can never talk about what has not already been announced, so there's very little that I can say concerning future plans. However, there is one fact that has already been announced that I'm very surprised nobody has brought up in all the pages of speculation in this thread:

Sculptris Alpha 5

Alpha versions precede beta versions, which in turn come before final releases. If the intent was to bury or phase out Sculptris, why would that particular name have been given to this version? The new name demonstrates that the current release of Sculptris is only the beginning.

Ha ha ha Oh no, I picked up on that after a while. Though for some reason it took me a long time to realise it, and here's me working as a programmer too! ha!

The real debate is
    1) What is Sculptris to become next? (which I can't wait to see!!!)
    and
    2) And will we see the cool features from Sculptris in ZB, so Sculptris ends up as an "essentials" version? No bad thing either!! And we won't know for sure until later.

And as you say, nothing else can be said until Pixologic announce it, so I'm going to sit tight with eager anticipation!
    Last edited by dustbin1_uk; 07-28-10 at 08:22 AM.

Default Controls/shortcuts

Keyboard shortcuts for specific buttons are shown when you hover the mouse over them.

Ctrl+Z Undo an operation. There are 11 levels of history.

Ctrl+left mouse Inverse sculpt, like right mouse button
    Shift+left mouse Smooth shortcut

Mousewheel Zoom in and out
    Shift+mousewheel Adjust brush size
    Ctrl+mousewheel Adjust brush strength

Plus/minus keys Same as mousewheel, i.e. zoom, size, strength

Space Popup brush controls (useful for tablets)

Middle mouse button Rotate the view
    Alt+left mouse Rotate the view
    Alt+right mouse Pan the view
    Shift+middle mouse Pan the view
    Alt+shift+left mouse Pan the view
    Alt+ctrl+left mouse Zoom the view

Z Lock camera view to nearest axis

Backspace/Ctrl+F Clear/fill selection mask (see below)

H Hold and click or drag to hide areas or objects. Right mouse button isolates them.
    Ctrl+H Show all

P Enable or place pivot point, which can be used for rotation and scaling

Q Toggle detail slider (between zero and previous value)

A Toggle airbrush
    L Toggle lazy brush

Ctrl+A Select all
    Ctrl+D Deselect all
    Ctrl+I Invert selection mask

Ctrl+N Add new sphere
    Ctrl+C Copy selected objects
    Ctrl+C Cut selected objects
    Ctrl+V Paste selected objects
    Delete Remove selected objects

1/2 Toggle mask/texture (no texture in sculpt mode)
    3/4 Toggle pressure sensitivity for size/strength

Paint mode (some of the above still applies)
    ----------

S Open/close color selector

C Hold to pick color from surface

I Adjust lighting direction in shaderless paint mode (edit config.txt to disable shaders)

Ctrl+C Copy current texture buffer, which is what you're editing (colors or mask, not bumps)

Ctrl+V Paste previously copied image buffer, with opacity from the strength slider (this is a way to get a "blended layer" by copying, painting, then pasting with low opacity)

Ctrl+I Invert texture or mask, depending on what you're editing.

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171824 ... LastLast