New Member Follow User Gallery

Unhappy Help

Please can somebody help me I don't know how to start to draw
    Thanks a lot

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

lcolin, inside the Sculptris folder there is a file called "documentation.txt" which should provide some basic info on how to get started with Sculptris.
    Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by lcolin
    Please can somebody help me I don't know how to start to draw
    Thanks a lot
    Youtube has lots of Sculptris videos like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgHfDsIcqR0

Default Thanks for making such an amazing and simplistic program!

I had a tough time sculpting with Zbrush due to not having proper topology base meshes in the past. I love Sculptris!! You can be free to do whatever you can think of. It's pretty amazing. I hope you guys implement as a stand alone full retail package, and/or implement it into a new Zbrush release.

Mac Version? When?
    --
    The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.
    - Bruce Lee

Default sculptris future

to all these ones who are saying that this is the end of sculptris or something like to be incorporated to the zb read the first page of this thread

"we are currently developing other exciting future products."

pixo is in the market and if sculptris is in development will definatley be at a cost! and sure i would buy it

i tryed zbrush and i found too complicated user interface compared to sculptri so as a newbie modeler it was my choice to continue with sculptris

"Sculptris Alpha 5 is a prototype of software currently being developed by Pixologic™. "

i see future for another modeling app
    Last edited by demmios; 01-25-11 at 06:41 AM.
    i see future in sculptris =) its a great tool.

Tris for games and polys for movies, etc? separate apps for each makes sense.
    markkens

Quote Originally Posted by demmios
    to all these ones who are saying that this is the end of sculptris or something like to be incorporated to the zb read the first page of this thread

"we are currently developing other exciting future products."

pixo is in the market and if sculptris is in development will definatley be at a cost! and sure i would buy it

i tryed zbrush and i found too complicated user interface compared to sculptri so as a newbie modeler it was my choice to continue with sculptris

"Sculptris Alpha 5 is a prototype of software currently being developed by Pixologic™. "

i see future for another modeling app
    Good to hear, but what is the story with the MAC OSX version?
    It would be nice to hear about this too.

Regards
    --
    - Bruce Lee

Default MAC Version?

MAC Version?
    --
    - Bruce Lee

Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by goode400
    The moment I started using sculptris, my first thought was This is how I expected zbrush to be when I first opened it. It's as if Zbrush has been designed to befuddle the newcomer and with sculptris, you're creating as soon as you open it, irrespective of your previous experience. I'm not surprised that pixologic bought this. dynamic tessellation is the holy grail of sculpting applications. doesn't this just blow zspheres and zsketch away?
    yes, this was EXACTLY my reaction, too!!

Wonder if this is going to be further developed.. it's been months since I've downloaded the version since Pixologic bought from the guy that developed it
    ---Wolff On The Prowl---

I guess, Pixologic has no real chance in doing something else than developing sculptris further on.
    Other products are coming on the market. Everything is getting easier to use.

My experience with Zbrush is exactly vice versa to goode400 experience with sculptris.

I opened Zbrush and thought WTF!!
    Learning ZBrush starts with searching and ends with searching. Kind of annoying. The results once you found the tools are breathtaking, no doubt.
    You can find so many wonderful tools hidden somewhere else than you guess it could be. Learning them to use is not self explaining.

Opening sculptris is just "Aaaaahhh!" 21st century.

Start end create and care for the rest later on.
    Sculptris will just help to forget the beginner frustration shipped with Zbrush. So maybe not that much potential user will lost once other programs can produce same results.

Totally agree with everything you said Knacki
    ---Wolff On The Prowl---

Knacki you are right if pixologic do not develop sculptris other company will do for sure

take care of your young baby pixo!
    i see future in sculptris =) its a great tool.

New Member Follow User Gallery

I've been a longtime Mudbox user, and have recently discovered Sculptris. I remember trying ZBrush way back, and being frustrated by it. Then I discovered Mudbox and loved it's easy to use interface.

When I first saw Sculptris I dismissed it as "Aww, isn't it cute, another sculpting app." But then I tried it and haven't looked back. I like using it even more than Mudbox. The whole concept of working at different subdivision levels seems so antiquated now. I love not having to worry about that with Sculptris, it puts the detail exactly where I need it.

I can't wait to see how it develops, it would be a damn shame if this app doesn't flourish into a complete full featured app.

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 ... LastLast