ZBrushCentral

Mech Exo Suit (zbrushed environment)

i’m on the border of showing this here, but it’s by far my favoite forum to check out. Maybe you guys will like the zbrush work I put into it. =)

so the mech was modeled in Max, the snow and penguin, were made in zbrush the trees were detailed in zbrush and some of the mech was detailed and created in zbrush (about 5%)

used zbrush to render the trees.

ZBC1.jpg
[attach=200373]forzbrushcent.jpg[/attach]

[attach=200372]justbackground.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

justbackground.jpg

forzbrushcent.jpg

Looks cool. The little penguin is a nice touch.

wow! man that’s awesome! love the mech design!

Sick!!! great atmosphere

Ha Ha !

Looks like he fell through on the second frame. The penguin wins ! :slight_smile:

Great piece, love the design of the interface.

@soulty
Thanks! first animal I made in zbrush, i love how he turned out.

@load
Thank you =)

@ehren
Thanks! 20% render 80% post, i do love me some photoshop.

@ramram
haha, i lol’d. i totally see it. deep snow?
=)

Great mech! I like the render less than I like the sculpt of the mech. I’d love to see an un-rendered wireframe / screencap of the mech. :+1:

Great concept and execution! All around great work, even the compositing and rendering. :+1:

haha, stupid robot, he missed the penguin ;D
Yeah im loving the pic, seems like a perfect walllpeper material ;]

I love this kind of stuff…

@Melrick2 thanks!

@Ericshawn well the mech wasn’t made in zbrush, but I do have some wires.
Unfortunately i collapsed them so the proper mesh divisions aren’t shown, but here you go anyway. Here’s just a mech render for you as well. =p

[wire.jpg]zbrushcent.jpg

@Aberrant Thanks man!

@slocik hehe, totally.

@madmatt you and me both =)

Wow! Really nice render there! :+1: :+1:

Great mech model. :+1:
I like the harsh environment and the little buffled fella (aka penguin) staring at the giant machine that must seem so out of place to the little one…
Though I do have one point of criticism - I never know where to find the pilot’s right leg in this composition/perspective you provide. The greeble look of the mech somehow swallows the leg and leaves me confused - which makes me feel like the penguin.
Maybe turning the mech slightly or reposing the pilot’s leg could solve this minor issue.

@rynomyte thank you

@Suzume thanks for the words.
yes this is an issue. The way the mech works is that it mimmics the pilots movements. if his leg is moved i would have to match the robots leg ruining the pose, i did a little faking with his foot just you can see it. If i rotate him to make his gun further away from the camera it looses his menace for the shot. You see my dilemma =p
but i totally agree with you, i would have loved to show off that leg a little more to give a sense of what is going on but that’s the give and take of the image i suppose.

Nice model and cool texture work. the head in the middle of the mech however looks like an alien head so I am not a great fan of that part. I wish it looked more menacing and more mech. The rest looks fantastic.

Incredible work. Congratulations.

I love the scratched look of all the textures. A lot of work man. The mech design is really cool, but I don´t find very posible the user interface, it feels like the mech is pregnant or something. And I think it would be very difficult to make it walk moving your legs in the air like cycling.
But anyways, it´s a personal opinion, Congrats. Amazing work.

The penguin Rules! :+1:

@moonlitmaverick thanks! i do have an older version of the head found here.
http://pynion.deviantart.com/art/Light-Exo-84189505?q=&qo= you’ll probly like that one more, I decided to change it to give it a little more emotion and menice, but in the end i liked both equally. Mind you that model/render is a couple years old, i just picked this project up again to add more interest. sweet sweet zbrush =)

@ETERNAUTA Thank you very much! all the parts are mechanically driven, pistons in the leg assist all movement. I love the pregnant look myself, I was inspired very much by the Anime Appleseed, so i tried to mimic that in a more realistic fashion where the persons legs wouldn’t get ripped off, but still had slave arms/legs.

I hope you don’t mind the necro post.
I really like this one.
It’s great to see “Landmate” style builds.
It’s nicely organic, with enough technology to make it believeable!
Well done.