ZBrushCentral

Rock 1 ch

I was watching bionic 6 on you tube and i was looking to work on one of the characters,i chose rock 1 its still a work in pogress.But i believe it should come out good.Rock1-img1_Background.jpg

hey,

sorry, but this will NOT come out well…not even near well.
I know this is still in progress, but I would stop right now and do a LOT more research on bodyshape, head, hands feets, legs, arms, and overall everything.
Please try to put much more effort in clean and working shapes and proportions than in breast, muscles etc.
I think you will get somewhere someday, but right now this is crap…sorry

to mind blade 1st of all your funny ha,i just need to adjust it on some parts.i understand some constructive talks,but half of the stuff you said ill do better to imagine you didnt say it.punk anyway it just needs time.what do you gain from insulting people its like it gets you of or something.you sleep well dont you,man.

Works here can be hard to critique sometimes, and occasionally the words come out harsher than intended. Still, people here will only critique because they wish to help.

In the case of this piece, the basic forms need work. Reference is very important, either drawings or photographs that clearly show the form of what you are trying to create. For a female, this is a pretty good proportion chart:

http://www.idrawdigital.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/prop_female.gif

Also, it is not a good idea to be nasty when someone comments, as it really does not encourage others to help in the future.

While abrasive, he is right. You need to invest some time in anatomy studies.
If you want it to look like a female human, you will need to adjust all parts.
Just work with a classic female nude, and once she takes form give her a go at this character you have in mind.

@ Shockblade: You are absolutly right man, my comment has been a bit harsh, but this is all I can give you as constructive critics. I really did not meant to insult you.
So please do more research on the human shape, try to imagine if your model would be able to exist without falling over. As I said, you will come somwhere but you must be able to take critics and see the mistakes in your model yourself…and be never satisfied.
I just refuse to say things like: " Sick model dude, you rock" or “interesting shape, well done…” If I dont like the things I see, I say so.

So keep it up and take care

sorry about that but i do also know their is room for improvement,this one in my mind was ment to be the 1st version so the improvements and changes can be seen.

I worked exta on the last wip but im still woking with that on the side but heres something other then that,ill get back to it as their are parts like the hands that
need fixing.[bike--chc1_00.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘201730’,‘chc-body-st_00.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

chc-body-st_00.jpg

But halt dont judge just yet im still going to do more with this,I just wanted to display this stage.I want to do something more then just the stuff i displayed
before in a sence overdoing it to a degree.In my mind im thinking lets rock i gotta realy bring it to the max.

Love the bike. did you design it your self? Either way it looks cool. As far as your skills go, take your time and do the best you can. as long as you know in your own mind there’s always room for improvement you’ll get there soon enough.

Articus.

Study Andrew Loomis, Bridgman and Hogarth.

Get some of the Richard Smith dvds.

Study the hell out of anatomy, form, composition etc.

Most times i aim to model characters no one else on zbrush centtral has touched apon the critics are good,sometimes painfull but i know that when i reach a higher level it would be all that much better.Some times i look at different stuff that others have made here i check it out like wow hot stuff,at least i dont feel
alone in the fact that others whant to go far with 3d graphics.I also previosly tried with some robotic stuff here on zbrush central,i may get back to it but i seek originality as well.I some times look at the lack of vehicle stuff i know its about sculpting but more should be done its 2010,lets go crazy.

where is this reference from? those hip/ shoulder proportions seem weird to me. i thought you were supposed to switch the ideal male hip/ shoulder proportions when making the ideal female(hips-2heads, shoulders-1.5)

as far as critiques, i’ve always hated the nice critiquing style(“this looks looks really good, but…”) my favorite teachers were always the ones who aren’t afraid to bluntly say “this is bad/ this is not good” or a favorite “What happened!?” (unfortunately the blunt approach seems to be rare) i believe the most helpful critiques are often the most brutal. pretending your work is good will never make it so.

so, like it has been said already, the basic forms and proportions aren’t there. you need to fix this before you can worry about hair, clothes, accessories and detail.

as far as critiques, i’ve always hated the nice critiquing style(“this looks looks really good, but…”) my favorite teachers were always the ones who aren’t afraid to bluntly say “this is bad/ this is not good” or a favorite “What happened!?” (unfortunately the blunt approach seems to be rare) i believe the most helpful critiques are often the most brutal. pretending your work is good will never make it so.

Well said. Exactly.

When being critic i understand what is ment,but if your told your bad when your elmost good in some way can be tuff,it leads to doubt even when your finaly good.I could see how it makes you go beyond though but a person should be told when its getting better.Revive-chbike-concept_0002-2.jpg

Here i come back to what i did with rock 1,i made adjustments and fixed up body parts a bit,let me know what you think compared to the first version.Rock1-comp-image_process-.jpg

This thread really got off on the wrong foot. I’ll say your work has gotten better than the first post, bit you still have a ways to go.

I’d do a bunch of anatomy studies, or do a full nude male as real as possible (males are easier to start with) and then we’ll critique what needs fixin.
Before you know it you’ll be cranking out some nice(er) looking stuff in no time.

I understand that you were initially looking for praise, and I’ll give it to you: you’re person is a wee bit more structured. But skill comes with practice.

As for your lady:
arms are too long
hands too small
head too small
thighs too long and thick
shins to short.
Stance is unnatural due to the width of the hips
either scale the torso up or the legs down
breast have to weight, they float.
Rib cage narrows far too much.

Also you seem to have some problems with your facial anatomy and I haven’t seen your back.

Keep goon:)

Before you start thinking about correct proportions, I think you’ll be better off improving some other things. From the first posts you made, have improved, but I know ( even if I dont know you ) you could’ve improved alot more.

First off, do you sketch the low poly base with ZSpheres? Or do you create your base mesh in another 3d software? Or do you sculpt it of a basic sphere or cube? I've looked through your posts, and there is one ting that jumps out to me, and that's the lumpyness ( i believe that's how a very wet clay sculpt would look ). The best way to deal with that is start sculpting from the lowest subdiv possible, and then when you've sculpted out the basic shapes bump the subdiv and add as much possible detail and shapes before moving on to the next. I do believe you attack the clay too "hard", try being gentle. Dont be afraid to use the smoothbrush to straighten out bumps and lazymouse to make your mouse/pen more presise ( "L" is the shortcut ). The move brush is also very handy. Your lowpoly motorbike looked pretty good, but the hires looks very bumpy. I also believe it would be a good idea to sculpt bodyparts, because this way you can focus on studying the small pieces of the body, without getting lost into a whole body anatomy. Youtube videos showing other people sculpt and tutorials can also benefit. I bet most masters of art learned from others, and I believe they did after they were skilled too. Because one can never have too much knowledge.

to be sirious… your skills are worse yet. Like victor said before, you should pick some bodyparts for practise. maybe only one finger…or a nose… or a mouth. only little parts. you will see, even such simple parts are not easy to sculpt.
and you should use a tablett. It looks like you use a mouse for sculpting. with a pen you get more contol.