ZBrushCentral

free-willy's doodles and sculpts

hi all,
long time lurker so figured it was time i started posting up my work.
Im going to treat this thread as a sketchbook for my z doodles and finished sculpts etc so to kick off heres something im working on at the moment,it was for the horror heads mini comp over at gameartisans.I chose Meg Mucklebones from the film ‘legend’,the comp only required a bust,but since i want to update my portfolio with some nicer,more current pieces,im going to take her through to a full posed sculpt.

thanks for looking

ZBC1.jpg
[attach=197795]meg-gameartisans-final-layout.jpg[/attach]
[attach=197796]meg-body-wip_001.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

meg-gameartisans-final-layout.jpg

meg-body-wip_001.jpg

found some nice concept work from a RARE game called ‘Saber Wulf’,plan is to sculpt about 6 characters from the game and maybe take one through to full game spec version.

started with sabre wulf,…still early progress,but its slowly taking shape :slight_smile:

sculpting these on lunch breaks and when i can find spare time out of work so dont expect to see massive regular updates

thanks for looking

[attach=203020]sabrewulf_ref.jpg[/attach]
[attach=203021]sabrewulf_wip_001.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

sabrewulf_ref.jpg

sabrewulf_wip_001.jpg

Wow…

It is a wonderful work.

I think required some wrinkles on body below the chest.

Giri_Babu:thanks,wrinkles on the wolf chest or megs chest?

since this thread is for my doodles in zbrush aswell as more finished sculpts heres a load of doodles i did a while back,90% were from the default sphere in zbrush…and with the exception of the full body sculpts,they were done pretty much in 1hr 30 minutes.

[attach=203211]zbrush sculpts wip mostly from sphere.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

zbrush sculpts wip mostly from sphere.jpg

2nd character im working on from ‘Saber Wulf’,figured i would crack on with this one while i decide how im gonna approach the fur on sabre wulf.

[attach=204565]drooler wip.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

drooler wip.jpg

I like your style.

Below “megs chest”. It looking too much empty. No problem if body cover with props.

Recently I watched below thread.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=56000&page=5&pp=15&highlight=bear

KrakenCMT done very good job on Bear’s body fur. Just try like that on your woulf.

Derek Frenzo:thanks :slight_smile:

Giri_Babu: she appears naked in film…only extra element to her is the 'swamp’weed as she emerges out of the swamp. im going to come back to her at a later date for extra polish,her back hump needs ridges and i have to add finer skin folds to stomach etc…

this picture gives you an idea of how she will look with swamp weed,once ive polypainted her the weed will look more natural instead of just being stuck on :)…(oh and ignore the base,it was just a test)

[attach=205681]meg no polypaint.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

meg no polypaint.jpg

thanks for link to that thread,…ive saved that picture a while ago but totally forgot about it!! that looks spot on for sabrewulfs fur alongside some bigger fur chunks :slight_smile:

hey all,
took the ‘Drooler’ character back into maya to add teeth and hair etc,plus a slight reshape,it still needs a bit of pushing around the face area but that can be done in zbrush when i get sculpting.

Also started next character,‘Bloater’,the picture is my ( not so rough) base mesh from maya so theres no sculpting on it,…just wanted to see it with some colours :),theres a few things needing fixed up before i get into the sculpting,like the wings and hands etc…but its heading in the right direction :slight_smile:

[attach=206614]drooler base wip.jpg[/attach]
[attach=206615]bloater wip with test polypaint.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

drooler base wip.jpg

bloater wip with test polypaint.jpg

I like the funny Bloater Model. It’s looking great.
Give some clean sculpt details.

hi all,
i havent abandoned this thread,…just been busy so its been mostly lunchtime sessions getting these done.

did a bit more on drooler, and ive started on a sculpt of a robin,base mesh in maya.Aim of the bird was to produce something similar to what was made in this tutorial http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=61941 , but with a british bird instead,figured i would set it in a winter scene so should be fun with lighting and snow etc :slight_smile:

thanks for looking :slight_smile:

how do i display images full size and not just clickable thumbnails?!

ZBC1.jpg
[attach=223615]drooler latest.jpg[/attach]
[attach=223617]robin sculpt wip smaller.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

drooler latest.jpg

robin sculpt wip smaller.jpg

How did I miss this thread? So many cool models. Great work!
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Yep cool stuff! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Moni-Poroni: thanks,glad you like :slight_smile:
asecbrush:thanks :slight_smile:

oh and my pics are now all big :),if that was sorted out by moderator then thanks,…much better

A great collection with a fantastic- and fresh style :slight_smile: Plenty of stars will be coming your way!

Beautiful work Willy.

Mikademius: thanks :slight_smile:
Lucky_1: thanks,love style of your work,nice and colourfull too.

had a few people asking how i get cartoon feel to pictures, pretty lame process,…nice material in zbrush and a few tweaks in photoshop to be honest, seems to suit these characters nicely though, noticed material settings need to be changed a little depending on colour of character,so what works for green drooler character wouldnt work so well for purple bloater character,just balance really.

included piccy,…apologies for it not being anything fancy :o

awesome! thx for the explanation!

those creatures are so excellent in every aspect. really great work.
you do know that you can enable BPR to make the passes AO,SSS, Depth, MASK and shadow available as separate images you can save out and then layer in PS as you like?
Juts asking in case you missed that feature.