ZBrushCentral

Senator Tumblestone - Statuette

Hi all,

I found some time to work on a personal project again. This is Senator Tumblestone. The model was initially made for a double presentation at CGCon in Montreal last month, where I spoke about design and modeling in Maya and Zbrush. I kept the model fairly loose and sculptural, since I always had the intent to have this sculpture prototyped. The guys over at Offload studios took care of the printing and delivered the final result yesterday at the studio. We decided to go for a natural grey tone with the ambient occlusion baked into a 14 inch print. Needless to say I was more than pleased with the outcome and felt it was time to share! Hope you like him! (The photos sadly don’t really do justice to the coolness of having a physical model in front of you :))

Basemesh, Cloth mesh and render Maya / Mental Ray
Design, Refinement and Detailing of Tumblestone: Zbrush

A turntable of the digital model (8 mb quicktime):
http://www.jelmerboskma.com/Tumblestone/Tumblestone_TT.mov

[]

[]

The Statuette
[]

[]

[]

Jelmer_Tumblestone_02.jpgJelmer_Tumblestone_03.jpgJelmer_Tumblestone_01.jpgJelmer_goat_f2b.jpgZBC1.jpg

1 Like

Lol! A snobby goatlike senator! The pose is hilarious and as usual awesome sculpting.

Man you really nailed this. Great design, great senatorial pose of the body and face, great drapery. And what a beautiful print, the surface looks super smooth and detailed.

very cool piece brother, I’m a big fan of your cloth (I think I told you already :D)!

Very awesome! Great modeling nice rendering.

really nice sculpt. i like the last one the best. tried doing a statue but the materials looked funny, couldnt get it to look like stone. great job

very nice pose and amazing anatomy.Simple but strong.
i liked the characteristic of him. TOP ROW quality.
5 star *****

Really cool character. Love the pose and feeling, great job!

cool sculpture
made me so eager to get a print of my work
good job man:+1:

Totally Great!
More zbrush/sculpt views, like the back of this character ?
Keep it up.

nice to see you posting stuff again! very nice character jelmer! greetings, Max!

the print turned out really super Jelmer :+1:

great model , render and lightning:+1:

damn,the sculpt is amazing, mindblowing forms, love the details, but sadly the renbder suicks balls, hides 75% of the details and forms, meybe try stying to a zbrush render with some matcap, or try adding a strong ambient oclusion pass onto the model ?

Wow! Offload did a great job on the print.
But, above all: masterfull sculpt :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: !

excellent!

looks really cool, i especially like his face, well done man :+1:

Thanks guys! I have attached a couple more zbrush screengrabs, per request. :slight_smile:

[](javascript:zb_insimg(‘194224’,‘Jelmer_goat_f2c.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

Fantastic work!, the pose and emotion is superb

Very nice! I like his fingers and expression the most! :slight_smile: