ZBrushCentral

The self improving thread 2 - bigger and bolder

After some time without practicing Zbrush, I finally have the opportunity to go back. Among my goals are expressiveness, gesture, develop a better eye to details and weight, finalization, and study better Zbrush render capabilities. This way, any constructive critic, sugestion or tip is welcome.

My old self improve thread was filled without PS and Painter stuff, so Idecided to start a new one, more Zbrush oriented. For most part of works, I’ll be using Zbrush 3.1 and PS CS2.

I hope I can update every week… Let’s try.

A manga girl, based on Masakasu Katsura drawings. Fake hair, added on PS.

[[attach=192224]Garota_manga.jpg[/attach]]Garota_manga.jpg

This one was a cover for a Newspaper supplement, about house financing. Modeling was done in Zbrush, PS for colors and details.

ZBC1.jpg

Attachments

Minha_casa_esboco.jpg

Minha_casa.jpg

Minha_casa_detalhe.jpg

Bonitao.jpg

Velho_render.jpg

thumb2.jpg

Great works!!! That one of the woman and her new home is so charming! :+1:

Ditto, made me smile.:smiley:

Thanks, fellows. It follows two more WIPs.

A cartoon girl

[[attach=192437]Pose.jpg[/attach]](javascript:zb_insimg(‘192437’,‘Pose.jpg’,1,0))

Lei Lei, from darkstalkers, cartoonish proportions.

[Lei_Lei.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘192438’,‘Lei_Lei.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

Pose.jpg

Great work. No comments from me Haha.

Groetjes Michael:+1:

I redid my drawing of Lei Lei, to improve expressiveness. I think she looks better now.

[[attach=193270]Lei-Lei_Corrigido.jpg[/attach]](javascript:zb_insimg(‘193270’,‘Lei-Lei_Corrigido.jpg’,1,0))

I started modeling her too. Crits and suggestions to get a better similarity between my drawing and the model are always welcome.

[[attach=193271]Lei_Lei_WIP_01.jpg[/attach]](javascript:zb_insimg(‘193271’,‘Lei_Lei_WIP_01.jpg’,1,0))

[[attach=193272]Lei_Lei_WIP_02.jpg[/attach]](javascript:zb_insimg(‘193272’,‘Lei_Lei_WIP_02.jpg’,1,0))

By the way, I felt very happy when I found my previous version of her, made on 2008. It seems I improved a lot since then :slight_smile:

[[attach=193275]Lei_Lei_old.jpg[/attach]](javascript:zb_insimg(‘193275’,‘Lei_Lei_old.jpg’,1,0))

[Lei_icon.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘193276’,‘Lei_icon.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

Lei-Lei_Corrigido.jpg

Lei_Lei_WIP_01.jpg

Lei_Lei_WIP_02.jpg

Lei_Lei_old.jpg

Yep really good progress but I’m sure you could make it much better. Keep going :slight_smile:

Haha, I hope some day I have at least 5% of your modeling power. It’s great to receive such a comment from a talented fellow like you, thanks.

And here is the final piece.

[[attach=194072]Lei_Lei_new.jpg[/attach]](javascript:zb_insimg(‘194072’,‘Lei_Lei_new.jpg’,1,0))

[[attach=194073]Lei_Lei_new_detail.jpg[/attach]](javascript:zb_insimg(‘194073’,‘Lei_Lei_new_detail.jpg’,1,0))

[Lei_Lei_new_detail.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘194075’,‘Lei_Lei_new_detail.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

Lei_Lei_new.jpg

Lei_Lei_new_detail.jpg

this render remenber me how i can missing love !
nice job!

Last render looks like a painting

Thanks guys. The idea of last render was exactly looks like a painting.

Here goes some speed modeling, copying the Orc made by Strike, one of the most impressive Zbrushers of all time, on this thread. Somebody knows where are Strike? He was a superstar at CG foruns at 2004/2005… and a great inspiration for many of us. Hope to see something new from him some day.
2 hours and a half for mesh creation and modeling.

[[attach=194262]Orc_strike.jpg[/attach]]Orc_strike.jpg

[Orc_strike.jpg]

really cool stuff my friend! keep posting!

Amauri very very good!
I like a lot of all!
Keep posting …
Congratulations!

P.S.: Do you have any information about 3D4ALL?

Funkdelic: Thanks my friend. I hope everything is going fine with you.

Poncell: Thank you! 3d4all had a problem with server… but I believe this week the forum will come back to normal activity.

And there it goes another speed head… Heads are really the most fun thing to model.

[[attach=194283]head_1.jpg[/attach]](javascript:zb_insimg(‘194283’,‘head_1.jpg’,1,0))

[head_1.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘194284’,‘head_1.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

head_1.jpg

nice work bro…

Some 2d tryings. Paintstop + Zbrush regular brushes.

[[attach=195577]Orc_Alex.jpg[/attach]](javascript:zb_insimg(‘195577’,‘Orc_Alex.jpg’,1,0))

[Garota_manga_3.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘195576’,‘Garota_manga_3.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

Orc_Alex.jpg

Lovely PaintStop girl! Well done with the picture and well done persevering with the plugin! :slight_smile: I love PaintStop, but know a lot of people don’t get on with it, being wedded to Photoshop conveniences like layers!

Cheers,

R

last paint is so beautifull clean and inspiring !!!

Lovely work, all of it. Especially like the PaintStop girl. :+1: