Senior Member User Gallery

Great work..wonderful model!

Thanks everyone, I might do a tutorial in the upcoming days, but it's nothing really special.Make the basic form of an object from a 3d sphere and then retopology the model(as low-res as possible).
    Again thanks to everyone who liked my tumbler!

I disagee! a tutorial would be awesome for the community to see. I don't think I have seen a model of this complexity done in zbrush for hard surface.

A tutorial might make it top row!

Did you trace over the blue prints or just eye ball it?
    Rainbow Star Girl
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rainbo...03162786386602
    We gonna change the game.

Member User Gallery

I wouldn't mind seeing a tutorial too

1.jpg
    Ok, here's a quick tutorial.As shown in "A" load the Polysphere a and using the move brush get it into the shape you want as shown in "B"
    After that load the Zsphere as shown in "C" and select rigging in the tool pallete, then select mesh and select the object you made in "B".Then in the tool pallete
    select topology, after that click edit topology.Now you basicly start building your own geometry in Zbrush using the modified Polysphere just as guidance.Now before you start to draw and move points onto your model
    set the draw size of your brush to 1.Build some basic shapes as shown in "D" and continue doing the same as it's shown in "E".Now to check how well you've done building your new mesh go to the tool pallete
    and select adaptive skin and set your density to 1 and press preview as shown in "F".Keep repeating the last three steps as it's shown in "G","H","I","J","K',"L", untill you get something that you like, again if your using reference you can load it into the background using image plane(I'm not in this tutorial).
    Now in "M" after you're happy with your result, go to the tool pallete, from there to Adaptive skin and press Make adaptive skin.Then as shown in "N" press Make Polymesh3D and your tool is ready.
    Now you have non movie accurate front strut for your batmobile as shown in "O"!
    Really basic things as I said, no secret technique.Hope you liked my first tutorial!
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.jpg

Default Thank you

Thank you for taking the time to make a tutorial on this. Much appreciated! Your Thumper looks really good, btw.

Member User Gallery

Hey thats a really good idea, I never thought to use the retopology tool like that. Thanks mate thats brilliant

Very creative method, I like the idea of just using a blob of "putty" as an armature to sculpt topology around. No nonsense way to go, thanks for sharing your methods and great work on the vehicle.

Using Zspheres re-topology techniques to build hard-surfaces... pretty sneaky workflow.

I like!

And great model, by the way.

This illustrates the need for standard polygon modeling tools like this in Zbrush without having to use Zspheres and blob armatures. Pretty please? And while we're asking... raytraced renders?
    Last edited by EricShawn; 05-03-10 at 06:10 PM.

great idea!!! thanks!

Thanks guys, glad that was helpful.

This is great! I KNEW you could build with retopo!
    so much to learn...

Member User Gallery

brilliant

AWESOME! top row!
    Rainbow Star Girl
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rainbo...03162786386602
    We gonna change the game.

Nice work and I totally love the retopo tools - use them in everything I do almost. Thanks for the tut.
    ------------------
    Semper Fidelis!

John D Hosch

"Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
    - Antoine de St. Exupery

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast